Pam Geller / Atlas Shrugs

paul7903
New Community Member

Inform us when PayPal has been reinstated for Pam Geller / Atlas Shrugs so that I also can continue to use PayPal.  I cannot use a service that restricts my access to only Islam / Moslem friendly sites.

Login to Me Too
268 REPLIES 268

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@doejohn123 wrote:

I'm trying to close my account right now.  Got someone in the Phillipines on the phone.  I don't like to deal with companies that outsource anyway.

Paypal is orchestrating its own demise.

Hasta la vista, Paypal!

If you decide to close your PayPal account, you should withdraw your PayPal balance funds and then follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account.
   2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
   3. Click Close Account under Account Information and follow the instructions.

Login to Me Too

papimike

It would be redundant to point out the number of Jihadi friendly sites and for sale items that PayPal gladly does business with. That's already been pretty well covered both here and across the web. What I'm interested in is the background and personal doings of a certain commenter here who goes by the tag 'superdeals dude' or some such thing. I suppose I'm to believe he's a seller of large amounts of bowling pins or something, all offered at an astonishgly low price as he's the superdeals dude. But in looking at his profile info here, what little of it there is, I see literally scores and scores of posts on the issue of Atlas Shrugged having its plug pulled by PayPal.

Why would that be?

I mean, his "arguments" are not terribly forceful, i.e. "it's a hate site because I say it is", but really folks, who is this guy? I'm making a single post on this Atlas issue, sure, cause I believe it's a travesty and not incidentally connected to the YouTube folks taking down Caroline Glick and friends' video of the Flotilla Choir. It's just a happy accident I suppose that although anyone with eyes can see the Israelis and the Jews in general have been facing not only calls for their extermination but bombs loaded with ball bearings and rat poison, missiles, etc. But if anyone objects to these things and actually tries to voice their objections in a voice loud enough to be heard by more than the few people in the room with them, they are increasingly likely to be shut up and/or shut down. Why? And by Whom?

I would suggest that unless you are a dyed in the wool anti-sem---I'm sorry, anti-zionist---that you pick up a copy of Andy McCarthy's new book 'The Grand Jihad' and start boning up on just what you are witnessing here. Then, if anyone is up to the task, find out who the superdeals dude is and let us all know perhaps why he is so terribly driven to defend an obvious case of creeping Sharia.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Kid,

I've been studying the Mideast situation for 20 years.

BOTH sides are taking stupid pills over there and they have been for a long time.

You will not find a solution by blaming one side or the other - both have legitimate grievances, crimes and missed opportunities for peace.

They will only find the solution when they get tired of beating each others' heads in and that's going to be for a long time yet.

Login to Me Too

peanutsie
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent post, papimike! In UFC speak, you just stood up and banged. Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

kimitage
New Community Member

Atlas Shrugs is an informational site. Hey PayPal...remember the 1st Amendment???  PayPal...what about this site...they still have a PayPal account...http://www.revolutionmuslim.com???  Please Inform us when PayPal has been reinstated for Pam Geller / Atlas Shrugs so that I also can continue to use PayPal.  If this does not happen, I will be forced to cancel my account with PayPal due to their denial of our 1st Amendment rights!  

Login to Me Too

WilsonP

I'm totally incensed over this issue.  I checked a couple of the NASTY jihadi websites Pamela mentions that are proudly using the PayPal logo.  We have to take a stand against companies that pander to jihadis and discriminate against Americans who are only trying to open our eyes before it is too late.  I don't know about anyone else but I am a Christian and a woman and I do not want to live under Sharia law.  NO. 

I'm trying to close my PayPal account and it won't let me, keeps telling me that I have outstanding authorized payments, but I don't.  Can't find anywhere where these are listed so I can cancel them, either.  Anyone have any ideas?

I will try and find a payment service that will keep their noses out of politics.  This totally **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

gramgram
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to close my Paypal account due to the unfair treatment of Pam Geller.  However, my last transaction was still processing.  I will stop using Paypal and start using alternatives immediately.  I have really enjoyed the convenience of Paypal over the years, but cannot contribute to a site that favors free speech for some and not for others. Please reconsider your unfortunate decision.

Login to Me Too

seattleguy13
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy" states "PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime."

Take a look at the Atlas Shrugged website and show me where the authors promote hate, violence, racial intolerance or the finanical exploitation of a crime.

Then explain to me how Code Pink can accept payments via PayPal.  Or how about merchants selling radical jihadist llterature advertised on E-Bay using Paypal?  Hypocrits!!!

My contribution supporting the Atlas Shrugged lawsuit against PayPal is being sent via Gpal.

Login to Me Too

gramgram
Contributor
Contributor

@seattleguy13 wrote:

PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy" states "PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime."

Take a look at the Atlas Shrugged website and show me where the authors promote hate, violence, racial intolerance or the finanical exploitation of a crime.

Then explain to me how Code Pink can accept payments via PayPal.  Or how about merchants selling radical jihadist llterature advertised on E-Bay using Paypal?  Hypocrits!!!

My contribution supporting the Atlas Shrugged lawsuit against PayPal is being sent via Gpal.

Absolutely.....How right you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

peanutsie
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I will NOT recommend Paypal to a friend now due to removal of Pamela Gellar's website account, while conversely,  Paypal has allowed a site like muslimrevolution.com to maintain THEIR Paypal account, while they in fact call for violent jihad and beheadings and an overthrowing of the United State government through Sharia law, and the destruction of Israel. This is a sad and shameful day for Paypal and I hope Ms. Gellar's account will be promptly reinstated because it is the principled thing to do. Until then, I will refrain from using my Paypal account for ANY transaction and will recommend any friends or businesses I do business with do the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.