My post dissapeared!!!

doug1969

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Did I push the wrong button??  Or mabey I pushed paypal's wrong button?  Who knows, but my post, which I tried to be as professional as possible just seamed to dissapear! And, whats also strange, is the reply that I gave someone (dawndd) about their credit report rights seamed to dissapear also! Anyway, I was trying to find if anyone knows of a legitmate way to talk to a customer support rep. at ebay? Email addy, phone number, just please dont say "go to their contact us page", that my friends is a real JOKE!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

doug1969,

I do have a customer service number for eBay - but in order to get through to an operator, it requires that you have a PIN number supplied by the contact us page.  eBay is currently managing the growth of their phone support options, and as such, is only offering phone contact for specific issues.  I'm sorry I can't be of much more support in that area at this time.  Smiley Sad

Adrian

<edit>

Oh!  And yes, the package will still go through!  Their tool is very similar to ours, as is the refund process.  In fact, PayPal used to support their shipping tool before they took over support for it, which is why I still have the instructions  Smiley Wink

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

doug1969,

If you click on your picture, you can view a list of the posts you have made.  It looks like the post you're referring to is in the "eBay and PayPal" section.  Previously, it was in the watercooler section, which is primarily designed for idle chit chat and posts that don't really fit in anywhere else.  Posts which more appropriately fit in other sections are regularly moved out of the watercooler and into the section where they will be most productive. 

As for the shipping label - how long ago were you charged?

Adrian

Login to Me Too

doug1969

Thank You Adrian, that was helpfull!  As far as the shipping label double charge, this happend earlier today. I did attempt to disspute it, in my paypal account, so I could communicate with Ebay about it, but it said "this item is undisputible". Do you know of any way that I can contact them?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I think I have a better solution for you:  let's void the label instead, and then you don't have to call eBay at all.  Smiley Happy

I'm assuming this is a USPS label, but here's how:

• Go to www.ebay.com and log in to your account.
  • Click "My eBay" near the top of the page.
  • Click "Sold" on the left side of the page.
  • Click "More actions."
  • Click "View order details."
  • Click "Void shipping label" near the bottom of the "Order details" page.
  • Select your reason for voiding the label.
  • Enter a message to the buyer, and then click "Void shipping label."
  •  

If you accidentally void both labels, that's ok, the post office will still ship the item. 

That's because the post office will monitor the tracking numbers, and only credit you after 15 to 21 days if the label isn't used.  In other words, the shipping label is still valid after you void it.  While an eBay representative may have the option of crediting you sooner as a one time courtesy, you would have to wait on the phone or via chat for one of them, and I know that you haven't had the greatest experience with that lately.  Smiley Sad 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

doug1969

Adrian, I did think about voiding one of the labels earlier, but I was afraid that the package would not get delivered, and getting shipments to my customers quickly is very important to me. Are you sure that the shipment will not get cancelled and returned to me?  If so I will try this. Also, I would still like to have a customer support number, if you have one, as this is not the first time that I have needed to contact someone there and couldnt.

Login to Me Too
    Solved

PayPal_Adrian
    PayPal Employee
    PayPal Employee

doug1969,

I do have a customer service number for eBay - but in order to get through to an operator, it requires that you have a PIN number supplied by the contact us page.  eBay is currently managing the growth of their phone support options, and as such, is only offering phone contact for specific issues.  I'm sorry I can't be of much more support in that area at this time.  Smiley Sad

Adrian

<edit>

Oh!  And yes, the package will still go through!  Their tool is very similar to ours, as is the refund process.  In fact, PayPal used to support their shipping tool before they took over support for it, which is why I still have the instructions  Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

doug1969

Thank you again Adrian. I appreciate your time and efforts on this!

Doug

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
    PayPal Employee
    PayPal Employee

Any day sir, I'm just happy to help Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Roostybird
    Contributor
    Contributor

Actually, I clicked on my pic to review my posts to see if I finally got a response, which I did, but my angry post seems to have been removed completely. I'm not normally an angry person, but I did tell Pay Pal to get it together and that they were becoming a pain in the butt customer service wise. That's not hate mail, that's calling a spade a spade. There are other methods of payments/buying and PalPal can no longer ignore this fact. For just as many kudos about PayPal, I also see, read, and hear complaints...stuff that is definitely turning me off. Guess I stepped on some toes.

Login to Me Too

72tx340
    Contributor
    Contributor
    Mine as well
    Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.