kirsche
10 REPLIES 10

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Yes... what is your question?

Login to Me Too

kirsche

I edited question. Will you please look. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

I don't see a question... try posting it again in a new post.

Login to Me Too

kirsche

How can I print out all of my transactions and how far back can I go. How long do I have to report a Seller who never sent me the product I paid for. When I called they were very nasty and hung up on me! I buy a lot so I need to print out about 100 transactions. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal's dispute process requires that you open a dispute no later than 45 days after payment.  More information is available in the PayPal Purchase Protection section of PayPal's User Agreement and the eBay Buyer Protection portion of eBay's User Agreement... here's the links...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

In your Paypal-My Account it has a filter where you can put in the time period.  I put in 2000 an it brought me back to my first purchase 9/2007.  There is also a print button.

You always want to report a seller immediately, don't wait too long.  If you paid with a credit card or debit bank credit card notify them immediately.  They will provide a provisional credit until they can contact seller.  Make sure to give your financial holder all dates, coorespondence, etc to win your dispute.

While you might have up to 45 days with Paypal, that might be too long for your credit card claim.  DON'T  WAIT~!

******Kudo's are greatly appreciated if you gained anything from my post*********

Login to Me Too

susanj
New Community Member

I have a question regarding buyers.  I ordered something on December 15th, money was withdrawn from my bank account on the 16th.  My order with the buyer still shows awaiting payment so I emailed them and told them the money was taken from my account on the 16th.  They replied that paypal was holding my money until the 20th and of course the seller will not ship until Paypal releases the money to them, not that I can blame the seller for that.  I am just curious about this since I have ordered and paid for things many times before and not had this happen.  Is this normal?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@susanj wrote:

I have a question regarding buyers.  I ordered something on December 15th, money was withdrawn from my bank account on the 16th.  My order with the buyer still shows awaiting payment so I emailed them and told them the money was taken from my account on the 16th.  They replied that paypal was holding my money until the 20th and of course the seller will not ship until Paypal releases the money to them, not that I can blame the seller for that.  I am just curious about this since I have ordered and paid for things many times before and not had this happen.  Is this normal?

Sounds like your payment was an eCheck payment which takes 3-5 business days to clear...  PayPal is waiting to receive the "payment has cleared" information from your bank.

If your previous bank account funded PayPal payments were instantly completed, check to make sure that PayPal has your credit or debit card's correct expiration date... login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and click on the "Credit/Debit Cards" link.  If the expiration date is not correct, click on the "Edit" link to enter the correct expiration date.

Bank account funded payments are processed instantly if you have a credit/debit card backup funding source.  PayPal essentially floats the seller a "loan" in anticipation of the funds clearing your bank account at a later date.

If PayPal doesn't have the correct expiration date for your credit/debit card, your bank account funded payments no longer have a backup funding source and will be processed as eChecks which take 3-5 business days to clear.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

There are a variety of reports available to PayPal members.  Login to your PayPal account, click on the "Merchant Services" tab and click on the  "Reporting"  link in the  "Manage Payments"  section.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.