Community Chat 10/05/2011 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, October 5th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  :smileyhappy:  This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

PayPal_Olivia

Hi all!

I'm a bit of a t-shirt addict. I have far too many t-shirts, and most of them are not even the size I wear anymore! I have so many t-shirts, in fact, that I used them for packaging material to protect all my breakables in my recent move, and I STILL did not use them all. I'm thinking of saving up and commissioning a t-shirt quilt.

My oldest surviving t-shirt would be my Levi's "Button Your Fly" shirt. I have photographic evidence of its use 22 years ago!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone -

Andy - I will have to say that shirt is a little crazy for me. But it does sound like a t-shirt you would have.

Olivia - All I have to say is wow that is a lot of t-shirts and cheaper than buying newspapers, like I did when I moved.

This is a hard one for me as I do not own very many t-shirts, I usually just wear them around the house. I do have one favorite t-shirt in particular that I can think of, it is a bigger red Husker baseball styled t-shirt - (ahhh yawn - speaking of that t-shirt it makes me feel sleepy as it is very comfy).

~ Misty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Most memorable T-Shirt:

This relates to one of my few memories from kindergarten.  I wore this black Batman T-Shirt to school for a Batman day the school had planned (I don't remember why they had a "Batman Day").  I ended up winning the contest and got to ride in a limousine with Batman (some guy dressed as Batman), and the principal of the school.

🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

CookieCanucki
Contributor
Contributor

LOL when I was growing up my father told us nice ladies dont wear jeans and t-shirts, in fact back then they didn't even make ladies jeans.

But I would have to say my broomball & baseball team t-shirts, those were the best times.

Now my fav shirts are my Cookie ones..OCD(Obsessive Cookie Disorder), Nom Nom Nom & still looking for the Veggie Monster one.

Cookie Canucki

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

CookieCanucki- Those are good ones...have you seen this one though?  It never fails to make me lol 😄

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Olivia - I think they did at one point in the 90's, but you'd likely have to go to a retro shop to even find it.  They may have vanished with most of the now-missing clothing styles of the 80's.  I think I may have seen one on a milk carton picture.

Cookie - I guess your user name makes a lot of sense now!  I love that you got in a Nom Nom Nom, and it's really too bad they didn't let cookie monster stay cookie monster.  Loved him as a kid.  Smiley Sad  I think I have OCD too lol

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

CookieCanucki,

Perhaps it isn't ladylike to wear t-shirts and jeans, but it's so darn comfortable! I love Cookie Monster. I love veggies... but I'm kind of a purist about stuff from my childhood! I don't know if I could bring myself to wear a shirt with him eating veggies.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Let's just compromise and say he can eat cookies in the shapes of veggies. 😛

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

Let's just compromise and say he can eat cookies in the shapes of veggies. 😛

- Frank

...while wearing a t-shirt and jeans!

Wait no, that's me.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello CookieCanucki,

I hear you when you say, "when I was growing up my father told us nice ladies don't wear jeans and t-shirts, in fact back then they didn't even make ladies jeans" - when I was growing up I for some reason felt like I looked sloppy and would not wear t-shirts. I think I may have found a "Veggie Monster" image that could be used on a t-shirt. Check it out! 

~ Misty 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.