when trying to link Citibank account, login is failing.

Ineedhelphere
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I'm trying to link my Citibank checking account into my PayPal 

but I can't even log in, the login window fails.

it asks for username/password and PIN(optional). 

btw what is this PIN? do I have to request one from Citibank for this transaction? but I tried to look and I can't see any info in Citibank to do that.

I found another post about why linking would not be ok, but nothing is matching those situations.

please help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Ladybug63,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to know that you're unable to access your PayPal account. To log in to your PayPal account, you should have the registered phone number active. Once you enter the username and password, you would receive a code to verify. In this situation, the best way to resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options. Once you're able to log in, you can certainly add  and confirm your bank account. 

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ineedhelphere
Contributor
Contributor

sorry i guess i fumbled that message.

i am ok logging into paypal

i cant link my bank account (citibank) to paypal

when i try my login and pass at the "login to your bank" screen i get rejected, there is also an optional PIN field, that i didnt fill, (optional and all), so maybe it is not optional, but i dont know what that PIN field means. do i need to generate it somehwere at citibank? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jae

Thank you for your reply @Ineedhelphere!

It will be best to contact Citibank to confirm if a PIN was set up with your login credentials. It would be required for verification if a PIN was created.

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.