we're unable to verify your identity.. crypto Transaction failed

Hannahrpa
Contributor
Contributor

At crypto withdrawal it says "we need a bit more info from you before you transfer" then when i click next it sends a code to my phone which i then enter, and it says "ïdentity verified" only for the next page to load and say "we could not verify your identity".

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Hannahrpa
Contributor
Contributor

I left so many messages for customer services... no one is responding

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Hannahrpa

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into issues verifying your identity while transferring Crypto. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache, cookies, and browsing history? Please also double-check you're not using any kind of incognito browsing or the like. If you're still running into issues after that, you may want to try contacting our Support Teams via Twitter DM or Facebook PM. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mznewyork

I have tried all of that. Nothing seems to be working

Login to Me Too

OrangeHat
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue seems **bleep**

Login to Me Too

galaxyquest
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I was told from customer support that if you use a prepaid phone service that it can cause problems with verifying your identity. I get the code sent by SMS but after I type in the code I get the same "we could not verify your identity" message. PayPal should provide other ways of verifying for those who can't verify with SMS.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @galaxyquest,

Welcome back to the PayPal Community Help and thank you for the post!

Sorry to hear the you're having issues confirming your identity. I suggest you to avoid accessing your account using unrecognized or restricted networks like VPN, public networks for the secure login. Please try clearing the cookies, history, cache, etc., from your browser or try using a different browser/device to see if this works. If the issue persists, feel free to reach PayPal Support team for additional assistance. Here's the article for the contact options to reach PayPal team. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

galaxyquest
Contributor
Contributor

None of that works for me. I'm not a using a VPN. I've tried in different browsers with no ad blockers and all cookies and history cleared. I still get the same problem. I have even tried doing it through the PayPal app and the same thing happens. The problem is happening because I'm using a prepaid phone service that doesn't keep my address on file. I know this is the case because I know other people who are able to verify with no problems and they use a regular monthly phone service. I've given up at this point. I'll try again later if there are other ways to verify.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.