can't send crypto to a wallet get error Something went wrong.

richzine
Contributor
Contributor

Each month I go through this, trying to send my crypto to a wallet.  Get error Something went wrong  This happens sometimes - trying again may help fix the problem

If I call PayPal I am told this is a security issue and I have to wait 72 hours, which I have done in the past, only to get the error again.  then last month I was told to wait another 72 hours.  hung up the phone and it went through?   this month same problem.  Why am I being blocked by security each time I attemt this. PayPal solution is to use somebody else for the transactions?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @richzine,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues with the Cryptocurrency. I understand how important it is to have everything working. As per the information that you have shared, it seems like this might be due to a technical glitch and our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. In this case, please try some troubleshooting steps such as clearing cache and cookies or try using a different browser or device to see if that works. 

Good Luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

stopdatabre
Contributor
Contributor

There is an 8 page thread about the same thing. Paypal has no intention of allowing us to transfer our crypto to external wallets. They just said that to draw in more people to buy crypto then hit them with fees when selling it. Someone needs to get a class action lawsuit together.

Login to Me Too

webbified
New Community Member

I sent Litecoin to my cold wallet, but now it won't let me send Ethe to my wallet. Keeps saying it's a technical issue on their end. I'm not getting any help by calling or texting PayPal either.

Login to Me Too

2023Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

It took me over two weeks to transfer my BTC to Coinbase.  I attempted numerous times over the past two weeks and this morning I attempted the transfer again at least 10 times before it suddenly went through.  I immediately tried to transfer the ETH I have to Coinbase and I'm receiving the same old error message.  This is ridiculous and nothing short of theft.  Customer service is worthless.  I need to explore my options on filing a complaint with a governmental agency. PayPal is holding these assets on purpose.  Once this is resolved I'm closing the PayPal account.  This may be the reason PayPal is trading so poorly on the stock exchange and why activist investors have called for changes.

Login to Me Too

2023Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

It took me over two weeks to transfer my BTC to Coinbase.  I attempted numerous times over the past two weeks and this morning I attempted the transfer again at least 10 times before it suddenly went through.  I immediately tried to transfer the ETH I have to Coinbase and I'm receiving the same old error message.  This is ridiculous and nothing short of theft.  Customer service is worthless.  I need to explore my options on filing a complaint with a governmental agency. PayPal is holding these assets on purpose.  Once this is resolved I'm closing the PayPal account.  This may be the reason PayPal is trading so poorly on the stock exchange and why activist investors have called for changes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.