Can’t Transfer Bitcoin

temp20221108g
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased about $20 in Bitcoin through PayPal in early October.  For the past week, I’ve been trying to transfer this Bitcoin to another wallet outside of PayPal and it says I don’t have about Bitcoin to transfer.  I didn’t think there was a minimum amount needed to transfer, and even so, I would think $20 if sufficient.  Has anyone else had issues and can anyone provide suggestions?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @temp20221108g,

Welcome back to our community forum and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear about the issues you're facing while transferring the Bitcoin. PayPal supports the native transfer of cryptocurrencies between PayPal and other wallets and exchanges. You can learn more about Bitcoin transfers here : How do I transfer my Crypto

Please try clearing cache/cookies and also try using a different browser or device to see if it works. If the issue persists, please contact us by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Thrakorzog
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried two separate venues (Phone and Computer Browser).  Both give the same message "You don't have enough to transfer" which prompts me to buy more.  I have turned off my phone to clear any "cache"  This cache is not the issue.  It appears that Paypal isn't registering my bitcoin as available for transfer.  I purchased the bitcoin eight days ago (there seemed to be some time limit that required a 3-5 day delay when purchasing - not sure what that was about)  How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too

Thrakorzog
Contributor
Contributor

I just talked with Patty from Paypal who enlightened me:

There ARE minimums to transfer cryptocurrency:
Bitcoin: $50

Etherium: $10

Lightcoin: $15

This is why my $20(ish) worth was throwing the "You don't have enough to transfer" error.

I have yet to see this published anywhere on Paypal's website, and even Patty didn't remember it immediately since it wasn't a common thing yet.
Hopefully, this will answer the other folks who are just "trying it out" with $10 or $20.

Login to Me Too

placebohigh
Contributor
Contributor

I did the exact same thing as you. What did you do?

Login to Me Too

Thrakorzog
Contributor
Contributor

There ARE minimums to transfer cryptocurrency with Paypal:
Bitcoin: $50

Etherium: $10

Lightcoin: $15

If you try transferring less than that, it will not go.

What I did was turned my bitcoin back into dollars, lost a few bucks for "transfer fees" from Paypal and said "forget it", not important enough to me to keep purchasing such a volatile currency to build up enough to try it... and if Ican't transfer less than $50 worth, then there is no point as a cup of coffee is always going to be less than that - unless people keep buying things at inflated prices, in which case... I may have to revisit.

Login to Me Too

Ron-R
Contributor
Contributor

The minimum of $50 is obviously wrong, I currently have $70 of Bitcoin in my PayPal wallet but can not transfer it to another wallet. When i try on my phone or laptop I get the same message that i do not have enough Bitcoin to transfer. So what is the minimum Bitcoin required? Online search says I need .001 BTC to make a PayPal transfer so that would be about $28 dollars at the current price. You say it is $50 but obviously both are wrong. So do I transfer my Bitcoin from the PayPal wallet to an external wallet like Exodus? ---Ron

Login to Me Too

Thrakorzog
Contributor
Contributor

The information I posted was from a conversation with a lady at Paypal.  If it isn't working, I suggest doing the same thing I did - turn it back into money, and use something else to transfer bitcoin besides Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Ron-R
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info, I appreciate your response. 

However, PayPal needs to fix the problem and not lie to their customers. 

They need to fix the problem, not avoid it. ---Ron

Login to Me Too

Thrakorzog
Contributor
Contributor

Complaining to people without the power to fix a problem (me) does nothing to fix the problem, though it might make you feel better.  The people who need to fix it won't unless they are motivated.  Find a competitor who already has fixed their Bitcoin transfer issues and use them.  If Paypal loses the opportunity to make money off of Bitcoin transfers because their system doesn't work, and it costs them enough in the loss of opportunity costs, then they should be motivated to fix it.  If they don't then they don't deserve the business that they are losing to someone else.  In any case, our dollars are our best voice in advocating for change.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.