Unable to buy cryptocurrency with linked bank account and debit card

gwilliamsr
Contributor
Contributor
Any idea why PayPal is not allowing me to buy bitcoins via my linked bank account and debit card? I get this message “... linked to your PayPal account but can’t be used to purchase crypto”
Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

alterspaces
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem, I called customer service twice. 1st time they wouldn't give me a straight answer. 2nd time the representative actually tried pretty hard to find out what was going on and in the end he believes it to be a glitch. Hopefully this bug will be worked out in the future.

Basically the linked acct doesn't appear as a payment option when you try to purchase crypto right? I have found through trial and error (lol) that I am able to make any crypto purchase worth $272 and lower, but not any higher, weird cutoff. Paypal balance still works just fine.

Login to Me Too

hughie938
Contributor
Contributor
I tried a lower amount ie 250 but still no luck so frustrating as we need to do things instantly due to the nature of the crypto
Login to Me Too

yorgos63
New Community Member

Tried numerous times and nothing. It is frustrating even with linked bank account I can't buy crypto.

Login to Me Too

Jerseymikes
Any resolution on this? I’m encountering same issue
Login to Me Too

mssubs
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue with no explanations. I've tried to get in touch with someone at PayPal but no success. Incredibly frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

calexbarringer
New Community Member

Experiencing the same issue. When I go to checkout after selecting my desired crypto purchase, I don't see my linked bank accounts, and then after clicking "don't see all of your payment methods?" I get an error that says "These payment methods can't be used for crypto". Please help PayPal customer support.

Login to Me Too

tony50ajv
New Community Member
When is this going to get fixed?
Login to Me Too

FrankCocco
New Community Member
I'm having the same problem. I was originally able to buy all 3 different crypto with my linked debit card, and now it's suddenly not an acceptable form of payment. Happened once before for a very brief period of time, but this is going on multiple days now.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525EY
Contributor
Contributor
Still happening about to pull all my money out of PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.