Checking account automatically unlinked and unable to relink.

AlexMusial
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal going on 10 years now. I have always used HUNTINGTON NATIONAL BANK. This bank is one of PayPal's approved banks.

A few days ago, my checking account was un-linked from my PayPal wallet. I did not make any request for this to happen. When trying to re-link the account, I get the "Sorry, we are not able to process your request at this time. Please try again." message. I've never had any issue like this prior to a few days ago, and I do not know why I'm having this issue now.

The only issue I could find is that my bank account uses my full legal name. PayPal uses my given and family name, but no middle name, and the account screen for PayPal does not have a field for a middle name. If this is an issue it needs to be fixed as not having access to funds kept in my PayPal account is financially crippling. I also am not sure why this would be the issue as it has never been one before.

I am hoping someone here can help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlexMusial 

Just a thought, have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.