Can't send crypto

dshannon21
Contributor
Contributor

s it even possible to send crypto to an external wallet, I only get a very general error from paypal even thou i have bitcoin, have a valid bitcoin address to send to, have verified my personal info. Only get some general error message like "cannot do this transaction at this time" what a joke! I;m very experienced and am doing this all correctly and its obvious its a problem within paypal. So all said and done i got ripped off for fees having to sell my bitcoin back to cash and just use my current exchange. Utterly zero help from paypal and zero knowledge from customer service, that means zero chance that you have my business going forward. Thanx for no help with your services

Login to Me Too
150 REPLIES 150

Temp20230204A
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't bother with customer support - I've been going around in circles with them about this for the last month and have gotten nowhere. I've been authenticated and verified more times than I can count, my account has been overwritten and I'm waiting to hear back from the tech people but I'm not optimistic . Yes, the customer service sucks, but so does everybody's so it's a matter of who is the least bad.  

Login to Me Too

jeremiahjwalter
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here too. I have been transferring crypto to external wallets for over one year now. And then all of a sudden, two days ago, I am completely blocked with a technical error asking for a verification text to my already existing number which has been receiving these verification texts already for over a year now. After 57 minutes on the phone with PayPal Customer support; the representative said that this is a known issue and there are no plans to fix it.
Login to Me Too

pdrossi
New Community Member

Paypal is entering class action lawsuit territory with this. They are refusing to provide a service they claim they offer, preventing depositors from making withdrawals, and offering no timeline when it will be fixed. 

This is garbage company which is treating its customers very poorly.

There will be consequences for them if they keep this up.

Login to Me Too

stopdatabre
Contributor
Contributor

Its been more than 5 months since this thread was posted and we STILL CANNOT transfer crypto out of Paypal. Customer service is clueless. No help from this forum.

Is it lawyer time yet?

Common Paypal, fix this or least update us on what is going on. This is just stupid.

Login to Me Too

JohnTA23
Contributor
Contributor
Same. I was told it’s a security walk to stop fraudulent activity and ‘ stop day trading ‘. I waited 4 days and still couldn’t do it. Btw, they amount I tried to transfer to an external wallet is minimal
Login to Me Too

Mznewyork

I've  had the same issues for over 10 days now

Login to Me Too

Temp20240116Z
Contributor
Contributor
I would love to get a class action suit against paypal for blocking crypto transfers and forcing us to have to sell so they can keep collecting double fees. It seems they are selling crypto they don't have, thus forcing us to sell right after we bought so they can double up on fees. I can only send crypto like once every few days if I'm lucky. This needs to be addressed immediately!
Login to Me Too

CrossoverX
Contributor
Contributor
Please keep us informed. I believe the same thing. It's stupid to block transfers unless you are making money on fees. My Venmo won't let me buy Eth today so I fell for this crap again and lost a bunch of money.
Login to Me Too

Tanique
Contributor
Contributor
Still happening after all this time. T his is ridiculous. I agree their needs to be a class action suite. They are not providing services they advertised. Just stealing money left anf right..
Login to Me Too

Temp20240116Z
Contributor
Contributor
Ita disgusting they know exactly what they are doing. They know by blocking our ability to send crypto we have to sell It right back so there's double fees and if you want to be technical triple fees because now you have to send your cash somewhere else to buy your crypto. That incures a fee also to transfer money. This is fraud 100%. We need a class action I'm sure there's plenty of people affected.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.