Can't send crypto

dshannon21
Contributor
Contributor

s it even possible to send crypto to an external wallet, I only get a very general error from paypal even thou i have bitcoin, have a valid bitcoin address to send to, have verified my personal info. Only get some general error message like "cannot do this transaction at this time" what a joke! I;m very experienced and am doing this all correctly and its obvious its a problem within paypal. So all said and done i got ripped off for fees having to sell my bitcoin back to cash and just use my current exchange. Utterly zero help from paypal and zero knowledge from customer service, that means zero chance that you have my business going forward. Thanx for no help with your services

Login to Me Too
149 REPLIES 149

smugone2
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issue, do you get the message, "There is a problem, right now"?
Login to Me Too

Jvernsey
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, mine says “there’s a problem right now we cannot complete this transaction” it’s been doing it since yesterday. It is only seems to let me send one transaction per day and I tried it from my other account and I even sent it to a friend the money and had them try it and they had the same issue, so I’ve lost tons of money and fees because of this.
Login to Me Too

smugone2
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, the same for me, hopefully it clears up soon.
Login to Me Too

Jvernsey
Contributor
Contributor

Are you able to send any out yet to external wallett? i tried earlier today and still cant, im so  **bleep** , i cant even call them yet bc ill pop off on someone so i figured it better cool down first LOL 

Login to Me Too

smugone2
Contributor
Contributor
Nope!!!! It is really making me mad.
Login to Me Too

smugone2
Contributor
Contributor
There is validity to what you are saying, I was told similar on the phone, but nothing about a voucher, the rep said give it 72 hrs and if I could not transfer it, I could sell it. So yes you are telling the truth.
Login to Me Too

Borspm03
Contributor
Contributor
Been having this issue when trying to withdraw. I was **bleep** by Voyager and Celsius too. Your explanation has definitely made me want no part of using PayPal for crypto.
Login to Me Too

RobbolovesE1
Contributor
Contributor
Still cannot connect
Login to Me Too

Sprentic
Contributor
Contributor

I am finding the experience woeful. It gives you a generic error without any details. You call support and they ask you to try to use the mobile app. You use the mobile app and it fails "There was a problem". I have tried Bitcoin and Ethereum and both failed. You call support again and they tell you that you have tried to many times and their fraud alert algorithm has blocked you sending anything and to wait 24 hours. You wait 24 hours and try again and it fails again. I have asked support what is the point of the solution if it simply doesn't work and you cannot predict when things will fail. The amounts I am trying to purchase are ~$50 usd which is smaller than my non crypto purchases. The support folks are frustrated and you will get sympathy but little resolution.

Login to Me Too

Myownillusion
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. My solution is to sell the Bitcoin back into USD. Then send that USD to an exchange that actually works, buy the Bitcoin there. Then send it to the wallet of my choice. Crypto is still in the tall weeds and Paypal isn't helping. They are actually part of the problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.