Can't send crypto

dshannon21
Contributor
Contributor

s it even possible to send crypto to an external wallet, I only get a very general error from paypal even thou i have bitcoin, have a valid bitcoin address to send to, have verified my personal info. Only get some general error message like "cannot do this transaction at this time" what a joke! I;m very experienced and am doing this all correctly and its obvious its a problem within paypal. So all said and done i got ripped off for fees having to sell my bitcoin back to cash and just use my current exchange. Utterly zero help from paypal and zero knowledge from customer service, that means zero chance that you have my business going forward. Thanx for no help with your services

Login to Me Too
150 REPLIES 150

physiognomy
Contributor
Contributor

As others have mentioned, I too am quite experienced in bitcoin transactions. I thought I could (supposedly) buy, sell, and transfer it via Paypal, so I tried it. I immediately had problems. I could buy and sell it, but not transfer it to an external address. After wrestling with it for five days and discussing it with Customer Support, I found that the software was never prompting me (*prior* to any of my transactions) for any identification (drivers license pictures, etc.). That seems to be the problem, as best as I can determine it. When I do these transactions via the crypto exchange I normally use, I have no trouble. But then again, I have been "verified" by the exchange as to my identity (which involved jumping through several "hoops"). So my conclusion is: the software never prompted me for a valid ID (to be approved by Paypal), and that's why I couldn't transfer outside of Paypal. I kept getting a message that they could not identify me. (And if that is what is missing, it desperately needs to be fixed. I should never have been allowed to buy or sell bitcoin to begin with).

Login to Me Too

Billet912

@dshannon21 @Temp20240114b 

Compadres, it actually works for me when I don't send ALL of the crypto in my PayPal account to my external wallet. When I try to send my entire crypto balance, I get the same stupid, infuriating error message. Try this solution for yourselves (send 95-99% of your balance) and hopefully I've discovered a viable work around.

BTW- I was using Litecoin. Not sure if that matters

Login to Me Too

Temp20240225E
Your solution is dumb
Login to Me Too

livefreebus

this link is useless. this issue has not been resolved and it is now 2024

Login to Me Too

jiwhite

The earlier link that was marked a solution says nothing about transferring crypto or what errors might occur.  This page at least addresses the topic: https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-transfer-my-crypto-help822

Login to Me Too

I have had this issue for awhile and I swear I tried it all....but I finally got it to send after it kept telling me no with the hazard sign. What I did.... If you use app like me... I made sure my connection to Wi-Fi was solid..that will cause an issue... But I went into my app info and cleared the cache. And to make sure app closed... I hit force stop. Then reopened app and it sent no issue. I may have cleared my cookies and stuff from internet too...but it seemed irrelevant when I was using the app. So...this just worked for me...maybe it was something else...if all else fails the cure all to fix anything is to blow on it like a Nintendo game. Best of luck. May odds be in your favor.
Login to Me Too

bencarnacion
Contributor
Contributor

Just curious if anyone's tried to send their paypal crypto to an external wallet lately?

This is my first time purchasing bitcoin through paypal (I kind of regret it now), and the balance is definitely there.

I've tripled checked to ensure the btc address for my external wallet is correct.  But each time I try to submit the transfer, it gives me the error message

'There's a problem.  Right now, we're not able to complete the transaction.'

This is so frustrating, and customer support does not seem to even understand my inquiry.  The last rep told me that their internal fraud department blocked the 'purchase' for security.  What purchase? I already successfully purchased the btc.  I'm just trying to send it out to my external wallet....

Login to Me Too

Unknown62
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same problem with eth. I bought before and never had this problem
Login to Me Too

applysci
Contributor
Contributor

Since its introduction, that's just the way it is. usually down more than available.

My guesses are their available liquidity to part with off chain or the system is just that badly optimized and constantly broken. Both are highly believable.

Login to Me Too

Bradley299
Contributor
Contributor
Were you able to send it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.