Can't send crypto

dshannon21
Contributor
Contributor

s it even possible to send crypto to an external wallet, I only get a very general error from paypal even thou i have bitcoin, have a valid bitcoin address to send to, have verified my personal info. Only get some general error message like "cannot do this transaction at this time" what a joke! I;m very experienced and am doing this all correctly and its obvious its a problem within paypal. So all said and done i got ripped off for fees having to sell my bitcoin back to cash and just use my current exchange. Utterly zero help from paypal and zero knowledge from customer service, that means zero chance that you have my business going forward. Thanx for no help with your services

Login to Me Too
154 REPLIES 154

1Nhjmc
Contributor
Contributor
EXACTLY!! It is super annoying when it happens. LEGIT I have paid omg hundreds of dollars in fees over time. It’s ridiculous. Why it happens randomly is too much buying and selling or transferring crypto to an external wallet sets off some sort of security alert/block with PayPal’s system. Like someone else mentioned have to give it time like sometimes days to reset itself. I made the mistake of calling PayPal customer service about this issue and the next day they locked both my accounts. Friggin ridiculous. What is even more ridiculous is that once you provide the handful of documents they ask for then wait day to days for it to be reviewed that doesn’t guarantee them lifting the limitation. And if they don’t guess what happens next?…. You have to wait 180 DAYS to get a refund check mailed to you. Facts. I was just informed of this by PayPal customer service a week ago.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Were you able to get this fixed? I am having the same issue and Paypal's cuetomer service is horrible, I emailed them a day ago and no one has replied. The agent who sent that attachment obviously did not comprehend or else he wouldn't have sent those instructions that were not applicable.
Login to Me Too

Kgatesmail
New Community Member
I have been getting this same error for 2 weeks as of today. I am extremely knowledgeable on Bitcoin and its functionality. I have contacted support via Twitter, as well as directly, and they tell me to call a support number that nobody answers. Fair warning...paypal is quick to charge you fees to buy btc, but you will NEVER get it out to an external wallet as of November 4th, 2022. I had to sell it back to my balance and return it to my bank after two weeks. PayPal had found another way to force it's users to pay fees on the purchase and sale of btc by failing to allow the service they put forth.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
You just reinforced my statement about their horrible customer service. I gave up with Paypal and trying to send BTC. They launched a service without fully understanding it. They will self-implode in the crypto sector if they keep this up.
Login to Me Too

NoFear19
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal has misleading and lies about being able to send crypto to external wallets. They have fooled everybody and are making money off the fees knowing you will have to sell the coins back to them for another fee. They have lied to the whole world about being able to send to other non paypal crypto wallets
Login to Me Too

dsto58
Contributor
Contributor
I’m glad I stumbled upon this community post. I’m experiencing the same issue. I’ve been in the crypto space for past 4 years. So I’ve educated myself on the ins and outs in how this all works. Have soft and hard crypto wallets. Been going back and forth for a week with their so-called support team. Received two canned messages to say “It does look like our security system is currently blocking your ability to externally transfer cryptocurrency. This is generally a temporary block and only impacting this action. My best recommendation is that you attempt this transfer at a later time.” How much later? It’s failing through browser. Doesn’t work at all through app. Just take you back to the crypto window. Both instances the support person closed the chat conversation after it. There was no ability to work through the issue with them. I’ve been in IT Support for 20 years and i can tell you that is no way you handle technical issues with your customers. To just shun them off with a canned message that doesn’t relate to the issue when the details of the issue were initially provided in the conversation. Should just admit you all are not allowing to use this service. We don’t need anymore centralized exchange debacles like FTX and Voyager. So you can say this is technically stealing. This is like going to the bank and they won’t allow me to withdraw my funds when I’ve confirmed my identity. Update: Just received message from Support. This is a more reasonable explanation. Not sure how soon you all were trying to send to external wallet after purchasing. “Since PayPal is not a day trader and to avoid all risks associated, generally any crypto purchased needs to wait a day before being sent out externally. Too many attempts and then our security system may step in. In order for this to resolve itself generally waiting 72 hours before attempting to send that crypto out externally will fix itself, any attempts in between can prolong that security system.” So will see if this is actually true after allowing this waiting period before attempting this again.
Login to Me Too

quatre
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah but it only let me send $25 of ETH 3 times in a row and then nothing at all.
Login to Me Too

2023Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a complaint with the CA Department of Finance.

Login to Me Too

TJTRADER
New Community Member
How is that help link the solution? He already said he understand how it works, same with me. We don’t need Bitcoin 101. Sometimes the transfers work then they don’t and we can’t figure out why.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.