Can't send crypto

dshannon21
Contributor
Contributor

s it even possible to send crypto to an external wallet, I only get a very general error from paypal even thou i have bitcoin, have a valid bitcoin address to send to, have verified my personal info. Only get some general error message like "cannot do this transaction at this time" what a joke! I;m very experienced and am doing this all correctly and its obvious its a problem within paypal. So all said and done i got ripped off for fees having to sell my bitcoin back to cash and just use my current exchange. Utterly zero help from paypal and zero knowledge from customer service, that means zero chance that you have my business going forward. Thanx for no help with your services

Login to Me Too
150 REPLIES 150

MikeTheDad333
Still a problem today. Soooo..... not a new issue. Great.
Login to Me Too

2023Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

We are being ripped off by PayPal.  I tried for two weeks to transfer my BTC and after 10 attempts this morning it suddenly went through.  I'm now trying to transfer my ETH and I'm receiving the same old error message.  This is criminal.

Login to Me Too

Diggler77
Contributor
Contributor
Bought and sent Bitcoin just fine earlier today a couple times . I go to do it now and when I go to send it it says it's unable to because there's a technical issue and enter my information again. It doesn't matter what I put in or if I even try a different wallet that comes up with the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this or am I just stuck with PayPal not having their stuff together?
Login to Me Too

Dyansaracj
Contributor
Contributor
Me too it's bs
Login to Me Too

Rachelrn34
Contributor
Contributor
I was unable to send bitcoin I purchased for the last 2 days. Customer service also DID NOT assist me and closed my case. Same error code everyone is getting. "There was a technical issue, please re-enter your information". I was doing this through the app. Got on my account through the website, and BOOM! It sent! Thought I'd let others having same issue know to try it through the website vs. the app! Hope this helps!
Login to Me Too

Balfano31
Same thing was happening to me. I don't have my laptop with me so I went to PayPal online from my phone. I changed to "view as desktop site", logged in, tried to send it, and BLAAAZZZAAAMMM, it sent immediately with no more issues! 🙂 Thanks for your brain buddy!
Login to Me Too

jdon90
Contributor
Contributor

Tried using the website and got the same message.

Login to Me Too

Hopsngrains
Contributor
Contributor

I need to send Bitcoin for a payment to a merchant.  Something about an arrow popping up when I click on my crypto balance? There was no arrow. I have been trying to do this for the last 2 hours! It's 1-9-23. I need to know the steps....This is my bitcoin, but I cannot access it to use for payment. Almost seems like a technical issue with the Paypal website?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Hopsngrains

Welcome back to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry you're having difficulty using your crypto for a purchase. To learn more about transferring your crypto balance to another PayPal customer or external BTC address, I recommend visiting our Help Center here: How do I transfer my Crypto? You can also find more information about using crypto during checkout on our Help Center. Regarding the arrows you're looking for, they should appear in a blue bubble next to 'Buy' on the transfer screen. I tested the location, and this is how I found them:

1. Click on the finances tab on your PayPal Mobile App. The symbol is a small bar graph. 

2. Next, select Crypto at the top of the screen. 

3. Click on your desired cryptocurrency from the list.

4. Under the graph showing your selected cryptocurrency's recent trends, there will be a large blue bubble that says 'Buy' in white. To the right of that bar, there is a small blue bubble with two arrows in it. Click on the arrows. 
5. From the pop-up, select Send. You can also select Receive if you ever want to gather your BTC address for someone else. 

If you need further instructions after you locate the arrows, I recommend visiting the Help Center article I linked above: 'How do I transfer my Crypto?'

I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Hopsngrains
Contributor
Contributor

So, going on 100 hours now, I have been unable to use the Bitcoin I have to send to an external merchant. Paypal has decided to block this because I typed in a couple inaccurate passwords. That is it. Apparently, they have no way of knowing the difference between this and something more serious. How totally over the top! Despite my many emails to supposed assistants, they tell me they can do nothing, and have no way of knowing when I will be able to send Bitcoin. So…they told me I could send my Bitcoin to another company. What a sad state of affairs. Evidently, the IT people quit or got Covid, or….! I’m gonna wait till tomorrow, and then take all my money out of Paypal, and stop using it. For good.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.