Can't link my card as usual.

HBaroudi
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to link my new cards with paypal as usual but they keep getting rejected everytime... Knowing that I contacted my bank again and again but they told me everything is fine with my bank account/cards. What to do now? Whenever I input my active cards 's informations to my paypal account I get a message that tells me to "contact my card issuer". I've been using paypal since 2016 and whenever I couldn't link a card I just contact my bank, they do what's necessary and then everything works great. Now it seems like the problem is from Paypal's part... Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HBaroudi 

Do you keep adding and removing cards? Only there is a finite time you can keep adding a card to a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HBaroudi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response.

I added 3 cards previously, renewed two of them once, and now I'm trying to add these two that I have which are elligible for online payment and stuff according to my bank.

The cards that were already linked to my Paypal account previously are no longer valid... Some of them are lost and some of them expired. But 3 days ago I removed all the linked cards that are no longer in use from my Paypal account as an attempt to solve this refusal issue...

And when it comes to the number of times I tried to link my new cards to paypal I've lost count on how many times if that aswell might be the reason why my cards keep getting rejected from being linked to the account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HBaroudi 

Your best bet is to wait 72 hours and clear your cache / history.

Make sure you use the web and not the app or if you are using the web try another browser.

If that all fails you may have to contact customer services to add the card for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HBaroudi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response, I've waited extra days after that but it kept coming back to me with the same error messages...

It seems like this requires a direct contact with PayPal's customer support, I tried finding a legitimate phone number to call for my location but I didn't find any.

So right now I'm trying to reach out to an agent through Smart help and hopefully I'll get to solve this... I hope aswell that my issue gets noticed by an agent or a responsable here in PayPal community since these are the only options that are avilable it seems...

Anyways thanks for providing some help 🙂 I'll post an update later.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @HBaroudi,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! Thanks @kernowlass!

I am sorry to know about the trouble you're having while adding cards and I understand this can be frustrating. As per the information that you have shared, since you have been trying to add your financials multiple times, it is possible that our security system is not letting you to complete this actions. As @kernowlass mentioned, to try after couple of hours kindly do not try to attempt any activity in between the given time frame, as our security system will get triggered and the clock will start from zero, from the time of the next attempt. In this case, I would recommend you to wait and then try again once you have covered the time frame. If the issue still persist, then the only best option is to contact PayPal Customer Support Team through the available contact options on our website. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Customer Support by sending a DM on Twitter or Instagram or a PM on Facebook

I hope this information helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.