paypal charged me 51.13 PHP when i added gcash amex

hoshinouta
Contributor
Contributor

hello. earlier today i linked my gcash american express virtual pay to paypal. i got charged 52.13 philippine pesos by paypal sg and they haven't refunded my money. it says that to confirm my account, they will charge even more ($1.95) and i'm worried that if i do that, i'll lose even more money and i don't know when i'll get it back. will i ever get that 52 pesos back without confirming and getting charged more?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoshinouta 

Once you successfully confirm card, PayPal will issue a refund. It can take a week up to 30 days for your card to credit the refund.

PayPal charges $1.95 USD or in equivalent currency to confirm card. Once you add a card, PayPal makes one temporary charge with 4-digit code.

How do I confirm a debit or credit card that I've linked to my PayPal account?

Can PayPal resend the PayPal code for my debit or credit card so I can confirm it?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoshinouta 

Once you successfully confirm card, PayPal will issue a refund. It can take a week up to 30 days for your card to credit the refund.

PayPal charges $1.95 USD or in equivalent currency to confirm card. Once you add a card, PayPal makes one temporary charge with 4-digit code.

How do I confirm a debit or credit card that I've linked to my PayPal account?

Can PayPal resend the PayPal code for my debit or credit card so I can confirm it?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ashtonashton
Contributor
Contributor
Same as with me, they deducted 52.13 from my balance. Before, when I link may AMEX to paypal, it only takes 5 minutes for them to refund it. But its almost two hours now and it hasn't been refunded. Did you get your refund?
Login to Me Too

hoshinouta
Contributor
Contributor
it's been 5 days and they still haven't sent it back to me. i'll reply again if they ever return it 🙂
Login to Me Too

cyberneon
New Community Member
do they returned your money? I have same issue
Login to Me Too

hoshinouta
Contributor
Contributor
yes i got it back after weeks
Login to Me Too

hoshinouta
Contributor
Contributor
i finally got my money back today 🙂 i guess we just have to wait
Login to Me Too

grogierelu
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, did they refund the initial payment too? The ₱52.13? or just the $1.95 only?
Login to Me Too

lawless815
Contributor
Contributor
Me to,i've been charged 3 time by the amount of 53.13 pesos just today,while completing a transaction. The sad part is the transaction is declined but still they deducted a charged in my gcash account.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @lawless815

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent transaction. It sounds like that 53.13 PHP may have just ben an authorization amount, which normally drops off within 3 business days. However, I would recommend reaching out to your bank / credit card company to inquire further about that charge. If they're unable to provide assistance, you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.