Why does Paypal extend my expiry date of my credit card without my permission?

carloslegarda
Contributor
Contributor

I do not appreciate Paypal extending my expiry date of my credit card without my permission. It annoys me immensely. How do I make them stop doing this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carloslegarda 

It’s in the user agreement:

”Link or Unlink a Payment Method

You can link or unlink a credit card, debit card or a bank account to your PayPal account as a payment method. Please keep your payment method information current (i.e. credit card number and expiration date). If this information changes, we may update it using information and third party sources available to us without any action on your part. If you do not want us to update your card information, you may remove your payment method from your PayPal account. If we update your payment method, we will keep any preference setting attached to such payment method. You may choose to confirm your card, so that we can verify that the card is valid and that you are the card owner.”

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#linking

They do it so any subscriptions or recurring payment you have on the card are not interrupted. If you know the card is about to expire, you can remove it and update your automatic payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carloslegarda 

It’s in the user agreement:

”Link or Unlink a Payment Method

You can link or unlink a credit card, debit card or a bank account to your PayPal account as a payment method. Please keep your payment method information current (i.e. credit card number and expiration date). If this information changes, we may update it using information and third party sources available to us without any action on your part. If you do not want us to update your card information, you may remove your payment method from your PayPal account. If we update your payment method, we will keep any preference setting attached to such payment method. You may choose to confirm your card, so that we can verify that the card is valid and that you are the card owner.”

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#linking

They do it so any subscriptions or recurring payment you have on the card are not interrupted. If you know the card is about to expire, you can remove it and update your automatic payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.