New account, cant link a card, i got 3 of them!

Aleksandar6
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i need help...ofcourse.

I opened a new account, i am from Serbia.

I tryed to link my cards, tryed all of them but it doesnt work, it says every time "Sorry, this card isn't supported. Link a different funding source or see the cards that we support"

About cards...i got 2 Mastercards (one credit and one debit) and one Debit Maestro from Netherlands (Rabobank). I work in Nederlands and thats why i have that card also.

Tryed the first two but they dont work, and the one from Netherlands isnt even posible to link because the card number starts with [removed] and you cant type letters there, only numbers.

Does someone has an idea what could be the problem?

Best regards,

Aleksandar

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aleksandar6 

Paypal is country specific so unlikely you can use another countries card on your Serbian paypal account.

Also may be worth trying visa credit cards in your country?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aleksandar6
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for fast reply. Unfortunately i dont have VISA, just Mastercard... I had an account before which i closed, because i couldnt change nationality, it said Bosnia instead of Serbia, and my Mastercard was linked to that account. Its closed now and confirmed, but now when i opened new account it doesnt wanna link the same card. I hope someone from Paypal is looking at this posts and can help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Aleksandar6,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! The error is indicating that the card type is not supported on your PayPal account. I regret that this likely means that you cannot use any of the cards that you've tried. If you would like a representative to assist with further troubleshooting and/or confirmation of that, Please contact Customer Service

I hope this can be resolved!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.