Link bank additional security check

mohamm11
Contributor
Contributor

So I tried to link a new bank to my account and it tells me it will need to verify I am who I say I am by sending a temporary code to the number on file. I passed that easily (show in screenshots below) but afterwards it asks for additional confirmation but makes me add a number to which I cannot use the one on file. I have contacted support but each time they just keep telling me to wait wait wait "wait 2 days" "ok now wait 3 days." Has anyone else found a workaround for this or do I have to wait longer and longer and maybe eventually it will work?

First security check passedFirst security check passedSecond security check failedSecond security check failed

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mohamm11
Contributor
Contributor

Capital one not captiec and no its an american bank. Also I was able to add it, just had to harass support enough until I got escalated to a higher support person and eventually after that the security check was gone and I added the bank!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohamm11 

edited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

mohamm11
Contributor
Contributor

Capital one not captiec and no its an american bank. Also I was able to add it, just had to harass support enough until I got escalated to a higher support person and eventually after that the security check was gone and I added the bank!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohamm11 

Glad you got it sorted, sorry about that, put my contact lenses in now and can see the bank is Capital one.  😄

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.