Failing to link Bank Acc to Pay Pal

Eccg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm trying to link my Pay Pal Acc to Bank IBAN but I'm being told that the bank acc has reached the maximum number of Pay Pal accounts. 

Is there any way of seeing what Pay Pal accounts are linked to the Bank Acc., or can I see if my Pay Pal Acc is already linked to a Bank Acc.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eccg 

Firstly you are only allowed a maximum of 2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is a business account and x1 is a personal account.

So if you have others then you need to close them before you get limited for surplus accounts.

Secondly you can only add a bank account to any paypal account x3 times in that banks lifetime, if you have already added it 3 times to your present or any past accounts then you won't be able to add it again.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/why-can't-i-add-my-bank-faq798?app=searchAutoComplete

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

How I linked my PayPal account and bank accounts number?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bachaduressa822 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your country.
You can only link a visa credit card.

Also the option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Ethiopia.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

So how I can add bank accounts number?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bachaduressa822 

Did you actually read my post?

You can't add a bank in your country, only a credit visa card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.