Credit reference agencies stating PayPal defaulted

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

I am uk based. My credit reference agencies are showing my PayPal account as being defaulted for every month since last November 2022. It is not and payments are all up to date. Experian says it’s a PayPal issue. I reported it on Twitter, but 2 weeks on and no change - reported it again and now told it's a different department. So who do I ask to actually correct this error?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

Sorted. Please ignore (or advise how to delete)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

Sorted. Please ignore (or advise how to delete)

Login to Me Too

Bubbleflower23
Contributor
Contributor

This has just happened to me! Please can you advise how you managed to resolve?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Bubbleflower23

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that your PayPal account shows defaulted on your credit report. If it's regarding your regular PayPal account due to a negative balance, I suggest referring to this Help Center article: What should I do if my balance is negative? If it's not negative, please reach out to Customer Support through one of the options in this article or by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. If your credit report shows a negative balance regarding PayPal Credit, you'll want to reach out to PayPal Credit directly. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.