"We added your new payment method, but can’t use it right now."

astralmonad
New Community Member

When I try to send money to somebody it does not show any of my linked credit cards. So I click "link a payment method" and link my credit card again, but it says "We added your new payment method, but can’t use it right now. To continue, choose or add another way to pay."

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Bogdanoff
Contributor
Contributor

Also having this issue asked support for help then they placed a limitation on my account pretty much freezing it, I had to send a photo ID and wait a couple days. After they restored access it still has the exact same problem. Can't find any of my linked payment methods and keeps asking to add a new one which results in an endless loop if you try to do what it says and add another one.

Login to Me Too

Therese1231
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get the issue resolved?

Login to Me Too

Cristian333
New Community Member

I am currently having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

Johnnyb05
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue its honestly ridiculous in the way of how PayPal is dealing with these problems I need to send money to someone but it is impossible because of this message, We added your new payment method, but can’t use it right now. To continue, choose or add another way to pay. I have made many accounts and it kept saying the same thing I honestly wish Paypal wouldn't freeze my account when I email their support and actually give me some sort of information or help.

Login to Me Too

superpauwers
New Community Member

This happened to my sister's account and won't let her add her first card making it impossible to transfer any money. Has anyone found a possible solution?

Login to Me Too

omarabdlaziz
New Community Member

Same problem!

5 days ago I could send but now I can't!!!!

Login to Me Too

Mikeomar
New Community Member

I have the same problem, I could send money before and when I tried sending it again to the same person I had a payment with before, I got this crazy loop even if you link 100 cards it's a same loop going on and on. Its frustrating 

Login to Me Too

Meadlovingskald
New Community Member
I’m having exactly the same issue. Any way to solve it?
Login to Me Too

SweetC1414
New Community Member

Looks like quite a few of us are having the same issue.  Has anyone gotten a successful solution from Paypal?  Most frustrating for sure.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.