money request canceled after time

user810
Contributor
Contributor

If a request for money is sent, does it automatically get canceled after a certain amount of time?

An email is sent if a request has been canceled by the other person, but if no email is sent and the request gets canceled, is it because it has been too long?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @user810

Welcome! Thanks for joining PayPal's Community Forum. I can understand how there could be some confusion on when a money request is cancelled. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information confirming if a money request is cancelled on its own after a specific time frame. However, whenever there's an update on any kind of transaction, the sender & receiver should be notified via email. If you didn't receive that notification, it may be because it landed in a spam / junk folder or some other error. My apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused. 

I hope that clears up some of that confusion there. Best wishes on this and future transactions, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

TXLonghorn
New Community Member
The same thing seemed to happen to me, and I did not get an email that it was cancelled. I just sent a new request to the same person and noticed my request from December is cancelled. I don't recall cancelling it and as far as I recall, he still owes me for something I bought for him. There's no indication of when it was cancelled or by whom. I searched email by PayPal and the amount, and by PayPal and the transaction ID, and no emails came up.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.