Why does PayPal CONTINUE to provide the wrong shipping and billing addresses to vendors.

FuzzyBee85
Contributor
Contributor

On 3/18, I purchased four items from a vendor I had never purchased from before.  PayPal provided an OLD shipping and billing address to the vendor.  I contacted PayPal and PayPal Credit and both point the finger at each other.  PayPal Credit said the only address on file is the correct one.  PayPal said the shipping addressed used was a "hidden one" and should not have been used.  So WHY WAS IT USED?!?!?!  I did not select it and I certainly did not enter an old address at the vendor sit.  The transaction should NOT have gone through period because the old address is NOT my billing address.  Yet, when I called PayPal, they said they would report the issue to the "back office" and nothing else.  I've found where this problem has been occurring all the way back to 2016!  Now I have almost $600 worth of items shipping in four different packages going to an old address.  I reached out the vendor but they are in China and I've not heard back.  I contacted FedEx and they won't change the address for me.  The vendor has to do that.  I have no idea how to get the other three packages shipped with USPS corrected.  Paying to ship the items to Maine from Colorado (incorrect address) would be ridiculously expensive at one of the items is heavy and large.

Any guidance would be appreciated as PayPal offered no help whatsoever.  When I called, they said it wasn't their issue.  Yet. I was able to duplicate it prior to posting this message so I KNOW the problem is PayPal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.