Unable To Receive Money

Bamilajunior
Contributor
Contributor

I am a musician and I recently got paid by the distribution company Onerpm. Unaware that Paypal does not support receiving money in Nigeria, I created a paypal account to receive my money but I did not receive it despite the distribution company sending it days ago. What can I do to access my money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bamilajunior 

Also the option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

The funds would either show as unclaimed on the senders side and time out at 30 days or just show declined and never send.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bamilajunior 

Also the option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

The funds would either show as unclaimed on the senders side and time out at 30 days or just show declined and never send.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

In other words, Paypal functions as a wallet that can hold money, which you may use to make and receive payments and purchases online. For Indian customers, PayPal is not allowed to hold money for more than a day, and a mandatory withdrawal to the bank account would take place due to regulatory norms

Regards,

Will

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willjoe 

Incorrect advice again, folks in Nigeria where the original poster is located do not have the option to receive paypal payments at all.

I doubt they want to know what happens in India.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.