Ukraine FAQ 2022

esupport
Contributor
Contributor

We've expanded our services for new and current Ukrainian customers and we’re waiving PayPal’s fees to help during this humanitarian crisis. Customers in Ukraine using a Mastercard from Universal Bank (including Mono Bank), Alpha Bank, and UKRgasbank may not be able to use this card to transfer funds out of their PayPal Wallet.  Visa cards issued by these banks can be used to transfer funds.  We will update when and if this changes.  Visit our FAQ for more details.

Actually link to FAQ is not work. Let's collect all Ukraine User Experiences on this topic?

[removed]

• Request for open information [removed]: pending
  • Payment is passed at the link for verification: no one try to donate
  • Withdraw status: absent

Waiting for updates!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@esupport 

THIS IS WHAT IS IN THE LINK.

Expansion of Services | PayPal Ukraine

As of March 17, 2022, we've expanded our services for Ukrainian customers in Ukraine.* To support Ukrainians at this critical time, we're providing more ways to send and receive money quickly and securely between friends, family, and loved ones. 

Our expanded services include:

• Friends & Family P2P Payments: New and existing Ukrainian PayPal account holders will be able to send and receive peer-to-peer (P2P) payments from friends and family.
  • Transfer Funds from PayPal Wallet: Ukrainian customers who receive money from friends and family in their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet will be able to transfer these funds to their bank account by linking an eligible Mastercard or Visa debit card, or to an eligible Mastercard or Visa credit card.
  • Waiving of PayPal's Fees: In an effort to provide customers access to critical funds, PayPal will be temporarily waiving its own fees for customers sending funds to Ukrainian PayPal accounts or receiving funds into Ukrainian PayPal accounts. Fees charged by a customer's card issuer or bank may still apply. 

We'll provide these services and fee waivers on a temporary basis through June 30, 2022. As Ukrainians continue to be impacted by these events, we'll continue to offer our services to aid in humanitarian relief. 

When will these new services become available?
These services will begin to become available on March 17, 2022, on mobile web and desktop. These services will become available in the PayPal app in the subsequent days.

Will these services be available for Ukrainians that have traveled to other countries, such as Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Moldova, and Hungary?
Yes, Ukrainians who have traveled to other countries to seek refuge will be able to access these services, pending availability of PayPal's services in those regions. 

How to sign up:

1. Go to www.PayPal.com/ua/home
  2. Click Sign Up in the top-right corner. 
  3. Add mobile number and verify the number. 
  4. Select Ukraine when asked, "Where do you live?"
  5. Enter information including name, email, address, date of birth, nationality, provide an ID number, and select whether it's a passport or national ID. 
  6. Once the account is set up and verified, customers can choose to link an eligible Mastercard or Visa card to send and transfer money. 

How long will it take for customers to receive their money after transferring from the PayPal Wallet?
Customers can choose to transfer funds using PayPal’s instant transfer feature to receive their money typically within minutes, provided this functionality is supported by their bank or card issuer. 

What are the transaction limits for senders?
Transaction limits vary by account holder depending on verification status. We’re continuing to evaluate transfer limits in Ukraine to ensure we’re meeting the needs of our customers. 

What currencies are PayPal supporting?
Customers will be able to send and receive funds from their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet in USD, CAD, GBP and EUR. Once a customer transfers their funds from their PayPal Wallet to an eligible debit or credit card, the money will be available in the currency associated with that card.

Transfer Funds from PayPal Wallet: Ukrainian customers who receive money from friends and family in their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet will be able to transfer these funds to their bank account by linking an eligible Mastercard or Visa debit card, or to an eligible Mastercard or Visa credit card.

Exchange rates and fees charged by a customer’s card issuer or bank account may still apply.

Are there any cards or issuers that won't be able to use this service from PayPal?
At this time, customers using a Mastercard from Universal Bank (including Mono Bank), Alfa Bank, and UKRgasbank may not be able to use this card to transfer funds from a PayPal wallet to that Mastercard. Visa cards issued by these banks can be used to transfer funds from a PayPal Wallet. We are working to enable these cards and will update when this changes.

*All changes to fees and services described herein apply through 30 June 2022 until further notice. In view of the developing situation in Ukraine, PayPal reserves the right to modify these changes and services at any time and such modifications will be effective immediately upon notice being published on our website. Exchange rates and third-party fees may still apply. All services are provided under the terms and conditions of the corresponding PayPal User Agreements

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Arstotzia
New Community Member
Nothing works for now. Can't receive money with my VISA card. Ukrainian users were able to send money even before, so I don't know what changed.
Login to Me Too

spacerom

Invoices Create professional invoices and customize it as per your requirements.

Manage = Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Invoices does not work?

Login to Me Too

eugene34
New Community Member

Would Ukraine users be able to add money to balance? When I click 'Transfer Money' in 'Wallet' section nothing happens.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@esupport 

THIS IS WHAT IS IN THE LINK.

Expansion of Services | PayPal Ukraine

As of March 17, 2022, we've expanded our services for Ukrainian customers in Ukraine.* To support Ukrainians at this critical time, we're providing more ways to send and receive money quickly and securely between friends, family, and loved ones. 

Our expanded services include:

• Friends & Family P2P Payments: New and existing Ukrainian PayPal account holders will be able to send and receive peer-to-peer (P2P) payments from friends and family.
  • Transfer Funds from PayPal Wallet: Ukrainian customers who receive money from friends and family in their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet will be able to transfer these funds to their bank account by linking an eligible Mastercard or Visa debit card, or to an eligible Mastercard or Visa credit card.
  • Waiving of PayPal's Fees: In an effort to provide customers access to critical funds, PayPal will be temporarily waiving its own fees for customers sending funds to Ukrainian PayPal accounts or receiving funds into Ukrainian PayPal accounts. Fees charged by a customer's card issuer or bank may still apply. 

We'll provide these services and fee waivers on a temporary basis through June 30, 2022. As Ukrainians continue to be impacted by these events, we'll continue to offer our services to aid in humanitarian relief. 

When will these new services become available?
These services will begin to become available on March 17, 2022, on mobile web and desktop. These services will become available in the PayPal app in the subsequent days.

Will these services be available for Ukrainians that have traveled to other countries, such as Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Moldova, and Hungary?
Yes, Ukrainians who have traveled to other countries to seek refuge will be able to access these services, pending availability of PayPal's services in those regions. 

How to sign up:

1. Go to www.PayPal.com/ua/home
  2. Click Sign Up in the top-right corner. 
  3. Add mobile number and verify the number. 
  4. Select Ukraine when asked, "Where do you live?"
  5. Enter information including name, email, address, date of birth, nationality, provide an ID number, and select whether it's a passport or national ID. 
  6. Once the account is set up and verified, customers can choose to link an eligible Mastercard or Visa card to send and transfer money. 

How long will it take for customers to receive their money after transferring from the PayPal Wallet?
Customers can choose to transfer funds using PayPal’s instant transfer feature to receive their money typically within minutes, provided this functionality is supported by their bank or card issuer. 

What are the transaction limits for senders?
Transaction limits vary by account holder depending on verification status. We’re continuing to evaluate transfer limits in Ukraine to ensure we’re meeting the needs of our customers. 

What currencies are PayPal supporting?
Customers will be able to send and receive funds from their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet in USD, CAD, GBP and EUR. Once a customer transfers their funds from their PayPal Wallet to an eligible debit or credit card, the money will be available in the currency associated with that card.

Transfer Funds from PayPal Wallet: Ukrainian customers who receive money from friends and family in their Ukrainian PayPal Wallet will be able to transfer these funds to their bank account by linking an eligible Mastercard or Visa debit card, or to an eligible Mastercard or Visa credit card.

Exchange rates and fees charged by a customer’s card issuer or bank account may still apply.

Are there any cards or issuers that won't be able to use this service from PayPal?
At this time, customers using a Mastercard from Universal Bank (including Mono Bank), Alfa Bank, and UKRgasbank may not be able to use this card to transfer funds from a PayPal wallet to that Mastercard. Visa cards issued by these banks can be used to transfer funds from a PayPal Wallet. We are working to enable these cards and will update when this changes.

*All changes to fees and services described herein apply through 30 June 2022 until further notice. In view of the developing situation in Ukraine, PayPal reserves the right to modify these changes and services at any time and such modifications will be effective immediately upon notice being published on our website. Exchange rates and third-party fees may still apply. All services are provided under the terms and conditions of the corresponding PayPal User Agreements

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

UPCoD
New Community Member

Ukraine is experiencing such horror and we have a hybrid Paypal, two or three weeks.
And the Russians who are committing genocide in the world had a full-fledged Paypal, why?

This decision seems at least rude or discriminatory.

[removed]

Login to Me Too

CoenS
New Community Member

This is not working.

We are raising funds and gathering the donations in my PayPal account but now we cannot send the funds to Ukrainian recipients.

"You can't send money right now"

"You cannot send money to account holders in other countries. Select another recipient."

Works fine to send money to other countries than Ukraine and to make payments.

What's happening PayPal

@WeStandByUkraine

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CoenS 

Folks in the Ukraine can only receive payments sent via the friends/family option but unfortunately not every country has the friends/family option to send funds.

Have you seen if xoom would work for both your countries?

https://www.xoom.com/

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nibres
New Community Member

How can I top up my Paypal balance? For Ukraine, the Transfer option doesn't work.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nibres 

Don't think you have that option, however you don't need funds in your paypal balance, you can fund any payments via a linked bank account or card, (whichever is acceptable in your country).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.