Tricky question about paypal wallet and bank transfer

Steelwolf175
New Community Member

I have a bit of a curious question and I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I recently got funds in my Paypal wallet and decided to transfer it ($50) to my bank (leaving the wallet at $0); earlier today, I used the paypal option to make an online purchase in the sum of $20- I had intended to use my own debit card, but I misclicked and didn't catch the mistake until after the fact. Obviously the transfer is still being processed (not due to be finished until August 3rd), but the wallet is showing no funds whatsoever.

I'm worried that I may face some form of penalization for this, or if the transfer will take from the $50 that is still being processed and only transfer $30 instead. What would happen in a situation like the one I just described?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steelwolf175 

Check the transaction details of your $20 purchase by clicking it. In the “Paid By” section, it will say what funding source was ultimately used.

If the withdrawal status was already listed as completed (not pending) when your purchase occurred, the purchase shouldn’t interfere with the withdrawal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.