Temporary authorization

Temp20230523z
New Community Member
Hi, I've placed an online order through Tradepoint (B&Q) on Sunday 21 May. Money was taken from my Halifax bank account however up to now it's described as pending transaction. Didn't received any messages from Tradepoint - no order confirmation, can't see any orders on online account. I did get an email from Paypal and it says "PayPal You authorised a payment of...", I can clearly see it's payment to B&Q for order I've placed, can see details like date, time of purchase, amount and a list of items. Contacted merchant and they told me they can't see any orders placed by me. On Paypal account I can see "Temporary authorization in progress" and a money I paid are not available. Should I be worry about transaction? Why it happened? Is this a normal procedure? How long it takes? How long it will take to get a money back if transaction won't go ahead? Thanks, D.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230523z 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rafaellecuona
Contributor
Contributor

Even after transactions post and clear and merchant collects payment, PayPal and Merchant and Bank will leave the authorization hold limiting funds for up to 10 business days afterward with absol;utely no recourse. They just double dip into your method of payment and there's nothing you can do about it until they decide to let you use your account freely again. I will never again use PayPal to pay for anything online.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.