Refunded to stranger’s discover card

Janie-30
Contributor
Contributor
I returned an item I ordered online but returned in a store. The store credited a discover card. I do not have or ever had a discover card.
Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

CharBear31
Contributor
Contributor
It did end up going to my account. I guess in Kohl's system it doesn't say PayPal it'll say Discover.
Login to Me Too

clarsen15
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah super weird but I am glad I am not the only one having this issue.  I thought it was weird that it says Discover Network not Discover card but still thanks everyone for your comments. 

Login to Me Too

Janetrivas09
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am currently going through this headache. How did you get it resolved with kohls
Login to Me Too

LyriumGhost97
New Community Member
This thread was so validating, I had the same issue specifically with trying to refund a Kohl's order. I ended up having to take a store credit voucher because the lady at the store said there wasn't anything else she could do. She kept trying to say I must have an old card linked but I only have one card and I've only ever had a Visa. I got another order in from Kohl's today (needed to use my store credit since I don't shop at Kohl's I just got something from a sale) and the receipt in the bag said Discover again which lead me to Google to see if it was just me. Glad to see it's Kohl's specifically.
Login to Me Too

MAAK84
Contributor
Contributor
I agree Lyrium, I would have probably taken store credit as well had I not first come across this post. I did end up receiving my refund 2 days later, so I’m glad I didn’t have to make numerous calls to get it taken care of, but I was surprised at how little the employees (manager included) knew when I asked them about it.
Login to Me Too

LCsimplicity
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for this and previous posts, especially the first posts who didn’t have ones like @MAAK84 etc. to calm their nerves about a random Discover card showing up on their order.  I’m about to return an air fryer to local Kohl’s store, purchased online with PayPal and I too, do not have a Discover card but see it on my order details receipt.  I’m relieved to see that I won’t be stuck with an air fryer (with possibly the worst ear piercing beeps at every touch of any button!).  Like MAAK84, I’ll report back after seeing my money back in my actual bank account. 

Login to Me Too

shari0829
Contributor
Contributor
Did everyone get their money back into their account. I am having the same issue with Kohls.
Login to Me Too

mpaigeaus
New Community Member
This situation recently caught me off guard as well, I paid for my online order thru PayPal and noticed when I went to return something that the order had been charged to a Discover card. I don’t own a Discover, PayPal showed my card was charged and statement reflected the charge. I contacted Kohl’s customer service chat and this was the explanation- “Since Kohl's does not accept PayPal directly, Zapbuy has partnered with both Kohl’s and PayPal to make this purchase happen by using Discover payment mechanisms. When you purchase, the confirmation email shows a Discover card. Also, if you return, it says going back to your Discover card. In reality, the money exchanged is coming from and going back into your PayPal account.” Thankfully what I needed to return didn’t cost too much so I took my chances and did the return. In store they had no clue what I was talking about, but the money did go back to PayPal and was refunded to my card.
Login to Me Too

Jordanisfein
Contributor
Contributor

I’m having issue. Been 3 days. Going to give another day and then call Kohls a second time. Never had this issue with any other retailer. Needless to say, I won’t be giving Kohls one dime, from now on. **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

mikeofmc
Contributor
Contributor

it's not the merchant it's PayPal since they process the payment

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.