Refund was missing, UnionPay vs Discover

SerenaL
Contributor
Contributor

I linked my UnionPay credit card to PayPal, it shown as Discover credit card automatically with the same card number. When comes to the situation of refund, where my refund money goes? PayPal says the refund was completed to the Discover credit card. But I was confused since my UnionPay credit card does not receive the refund and I actually don't own a Discover Credit Card. Is the UnionPay credit card the same as Discover credit card? How long does it take to get my refund money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @SerenaL

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I apologize for any confusion caused by the refund to your UnionPay Credit Card. After conducting a little research, I found that UnionPay uses the Discover network, so in a sense, they are a type of Discover card. 

All refunds are sent to your original payment method. On average, you should see the money back in your account in three to five business days. However, sometimes, the card issuer can take up to 30 days or a full billing cycle to reflect the money in your account. You can learn more about refunds on our Help Center here.  If you do not receive the refund after 30 days, feel free to contact Customer Support to request help with a trace. 

I hope this helps and that you receive your refund soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @SerenaL

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I apologize for any confusion caused by the refund to your UnionPay Credit Card. After conducting a little research, I found that UnionPay uses the Discover network, so in a sense, they are a type of Discover card. 

All refunds are sent to your original payment method. On average, you should see the money back in your account in three to five business days. However, sometimes, the card issuer can take up to 30 days or a full billing cycle to reflect the money in your account. You can learn more about refunds on our Help Center here.  If you do not receive the refund after 30 days, feel free to contact Customer Support to request help with a trace. 

I hope this helps and that you receive your refund soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

SerenaL
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, you solved my problem!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hi @SerenaL

Thanks for getting back to me! 

I'm very happy to hear I solved your worries regarding your refund. I hope it has reached you already, but if not, that it will soon. 

Have a lovely rest of your day! 

- Meghan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.