Refunded to stranger’s discover card

Janie-30
Contributor
Contributor
I returned an item I ordered online but returned in a store. The store credited a discover card. I do not have or ever had a discover card.
Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

MAAK84
Contributor
Contributor
Did everyone eventually get their refund? I need to return a couple of items and are encountering the same issue. Curious to see if the funds were put back in their original cards before requesting a return. I don’t mind waiting the possible 30 days to see it back in my original card I just want to make sure it will actually happen.
Login to Me Too

CharBear31
Contributor
Contributor
I did get mine
Login to Me Too

MAAK84
Contributor
Contributor
@CharBear31 thank you for your reply! Did you have to call PayPal and Kohls to get your return or was it done on its own? I’m hoping I won’t have to call around to get it taken care of, but seeing other posts about this and how people have had to call and file disputes to get it taken care of sounds like a nightmare I’d hope to avoid.
Login to Me Too

CharBear31
Contributor
Contributor
It was done on it's own. I just went in and did the return and a few days later, it was refunded.
Login to Me Too

MAAK84
Contributor
Contributor
Glad to hear that! Hoping for the same outcome - thanks again!
Login to Me Too

Janetrivas09
Contributor
Contributor
What did you do? Or how long did it took?
Login to Me Too

mikeofmc
Contributor
Contributor

OK, but why does this happen?

Login to Me Too

CharBear31
Contributor
Contributor
Did it show up? I'm having the same problem currently.
Login to Me Too

Gpratt
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get refund automatically or did you have to call?
Login to Me Too

clarsen15
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this same issue and the Khol's Customer Service guy acted like I was a moron.  It was mentioned that Khol's had told someone it was on their end.  I am just wondering what did they determine occurred on their end?  I don't plan to return my items but this concerns me.  Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.