Refund Issue

Kellog424
Contributor
Contributor

Under help it says the following:

1 Go to your Activity.
2 Select the payment you want to refund and click Issue a refund.
3 Enter the amount you want to refund.
4 Click Continue.
5 Review the information and click Issue Refund.

I, however, do not have a Issue a refund option anywhere on my page. Under activity, under details of the transfer, under my settings, no place. Where can I refund the money, and why is this such a hassle?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kellog424 

Presumably you are the seller as only sellers can issue refunds?

Only if you are a buyer you would not see the refund option.

If you are the buyer then you would need to contact the merchant and request a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kellog424
Contributor
Contributor

I am the seller, yes, and none of my transactions have the option available. I have seen what the option looks like (as I have a friend who also has paypal account) and I do not have it. I'm curious if it has to do with the fact that all the transactions are through a 3rd party that you can handle refunds through. Is that possible? Do they disable the option in paypal if it is available elsewhere?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kellog424 

The refund option is on all my transactions and as far as I am aware no problems with anyone elses.

Are you accepting payments using friends/family at all instead of goods/services?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kellog424
Contributor
Contributor

Both, and it is not there at all for any transactions.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kellog424 

Never heard of it being disabled, you would need to contact customer services on this one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.