Receiving payment to VOIP number

kramyugtaht
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment to a VOIP number, (Textnow) which Paypal sent the text for. But when I use the link I am unable to confirm this number because Paypal doesn't accept VOIP anymore. I actually had this same exact number on my account before but removed it.

This is plainly a system issue, Paypal should not allow them to send the money if they're not going to accept that phone number, if it was told to the person sending that it's not valid they may have at least used the email, which is what I thought they'd do. I have no way of getting in contact with them to ask them to use the email so this creates an impossible situation.

There is an option to create a new account but I assume it won't take that number that way either, and even though I clicked on the link it probably won't work.

I'm sure others have run into this, Paypal needs to take responsibility. Frankly I think legally speaking. If they don't I think a class action is called for.

BTW just how many hours does it take for them to reply to the chat message support, if it is even guaranteed that they will?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kramyugtaht 

Not too big a worry. Funds that aren’t claimed by the number or email address it’s under will automatically be returned to sender after 30 days unclaimed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kramyugtaht 

Not too big a worry. Funds that aren’t claimed by the number or email address it’s under will automatically be returned to sender after 30 days unclaimed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kramyugtaht
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. As always an unpaid community member proves to be more help than the company itself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.