Payments on hold

earlisreal07
New Community Member

My payments that were being on hold for 24 hours were supposed to be reflected on my dashboard but 24 hours was passed already. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@earlisreal07 

Were they showing in your paypal balance as on hold or not showing at all and you were relying on email confirmation?

If they are in your balance and on hold for only 24 hours then was it a goods/services or friends/family payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

azazelboo
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @kernowlass, I have the same issue, however, mine is my salary from upwork. What should I do?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @earlisreal07 and @azazelboo,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! I appreciate your help @kernowlass.

I am sorry to know about the payment hold on your account. I know how important it is to have funds at the right time. When you receive money through friends and family, we sometimes review payments to make sure they were authorized by the account holder. While your payment is under review, it will remain unavailable to you, and in your pending PayPal balance. A payment review usually takes 24 hours, although in some cases this timeframe can extend to 48 hours. 

Whenever you receive the payment via goods/services you’ll have access to your pending payment after a maximum of 21 days, to ensure a safer and more secure environment. If you want to avail the funds on your PayPal account, please check this help center article to know how to have your funds released sooner. Update the order status if the held payment is for a service or intangible item by selecting service or virtual product, you'll get your money after verification. For any account-specific questions, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support by clicking on the contact option at the bottom of the page on our website.  Before you proceed, if the payment was held on third part website, kindly reach out to them for further assistance.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

azazelboo
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @PayPal_Ayesha, It has already been 120 hrs since it has been held. And it is from UpWork. Now tell me, what happened since more than 48 hrs has passed.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@azazelboo 

Yours would have been 'sent' as a goods/services payment and so subject to the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.