Pay someone in UK

tnabba
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to send funds to an associate in UK but PayPal says no payment method is setup BUT it IS set up.  Suggestions?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

tnabba
Contributor
Contributor

Got it to work FINALLY.  It turns out that the recipient of funds had given me an incorrect email address.  I sent her a screenshot of where I was stuck and she confirmed she had given me the wrong email.  It seems like PayPal should give a message saying invalid email.  Once I had the correct email then the payment option to pay from our bank showed up.   Thank you for your assistance.  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tnabba 

Are you sending in their currency of £££? Only they may not have $$$ set up on their UK paypal account?

What type of account do they have and what type of transaction are you using ie goods/services or friends/family.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tnabba
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  Trying to pay in £££.  Contract we have with them is in £££ so we following the contract.  I will have to ask what currency they have set in their PayPal account.  I've tried both goods/services and friends/family same result it always says .   I'm choosing conversion to £££ and their residence in UK.   All good until I get to Send screen it says, "Please add a payment option".  I already have the payment option set up in PayPal but it's not showing there. If I click on that please add link it tells me I already have it set up but on the send screen I have no payment option to choose.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tnabba 

Which funding source are you using? Is it funds in your balance or bank or card?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tnabba
Contributor
Contributor

Funds in our bank.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tnabba 

ok then sounds a tad weird, have you tried getting them to send you a money request to your business account and then you try and 'pay' that?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tnabba
Contributor
Contributor

I have not done that.  Interesting idea.  Let me ask her to do that and see what happens.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

tnabba
Contributor
Contributor

Got it to work FINALLY.  It turns out that the recipient of funds had given me an incorrect email address.  I sent her a screenshot of where I was stuck and she confirmed she had given me the wrong email.  It seems like PayPal should give a message saying invalid email.  Once I had the correct email then the payment option to pay from our bank showed up.   Thank you for your assistance.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.