Oops Sorry! The withdrawal could not be completed

Cieloh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I've been trying to withdraw money to my Mpesa account from about 5 hours ago. But everytime I do I get an error message saying the withdrawal could not be completed. What could be wrong??

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

Hasher2
Contributor
Contributor
I don't understand why paypal can't solve this problem 😞 I have this problem, 3 days I can't withdraw the money, Am trying to contact them but I can't reach them, To be home Am just regretting using this paypal!!!
Login to Me Too

I'm regretting 2.
Login to Me Too

LinaSonia56
Contributor
Contributor
I waited for 48 hrs but still getting the same error message
Login to Me Too

Adenusi_oluwato
New Community Member
Hi please it’s not still working for me
Login to Me Too

Ephah
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem except with how a message ``your transaction will take place after 2 hrs it's been 8hrs now and nothing is happening... Someone please help
Login to Me Too

Japhet098
Contributor
Contributor
Its the 4th day today..I can't with raw money...I Oops!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Japhet098, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

I am sorry to hear you are unable to withdraw the funds on your PayPal account. I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team by phone, email, Facebook or Twitter and we would be happy to look into this for you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

EPSTER
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into this problem as well and I've just figured out where the issue was. 

Turns out it was a setting on PayPal with my bank linked card. 

If you have a card you've linked to your PayPal account, you have an option to make payments from either the card or your PayPal account balance. It could be that your current setting is to use the card to make payments and the card's balance is insufficient and you need to withdraw from the PP account, not the card.

To change this, go to your Wallet page, and on the left hand corner at the bottom there will be a section reading "payment methods" under which you'll see your linked card and PayPal balance.

Click on PayPal Balance and scroll down until you see "Preferred when paying online" and click "select preferred" under it. 

This should now allow your withdrawal to come from your PayPal balance and not your linked card.

Let me know if it helps or if you have any questions.

Login to Me Too

cherobonny

i have the same problem

Login to Me Too

Tariqkim
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue 😑 3days now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.