Is it possible to see who paid for an invoice and get a screen capture or pdf to prove it?

Bear8it
Contributor
Contributor

like the title asks, Is it possible to see who paid for an invoice and get a screen capture or pdf to prove it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Bear8it

Welcome to PayPal's Community Forum. I understand you're asking if you can confirm who paid for an invoice. When an invoice is paid, you'll see a transaction in your PayPal Activity with the details needed to complete the sale. Those details should normally include the buyer's name, amount received, mailing address (when needed for goods / services transactions), the buyer's profile picture of avatar (if they have one), and any comments on the transaction added by you or the buyer. You won't see the payment method used or any other personal details about the buyer. If you're trying to minimize the risk involved with a sale, I agree it's always best to know your buyer and now your Protections as a Seller before hand. Please check out that link as there's a lot of useful information to help mitigate potential risk, especially toward the bottom of the page. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.