I HATE PAYPAL!

temp20180712
New Community Member

Paypal/Ebay is like shopping in the 90s!  What a joke!  I never shop using either but I got desperate because I really wanted a 2nd identical subwoofer to match my current one.  I found out that the model had been discontinued by the manufacturer but then I found an open box buy on Ebay so I took a chance and Dropped 1400 bucks on it.  This is where the problem begins.

Ebay defaulted me to regular Paypal which is linked to my debit card and I accidentally ordered it this way.  I noticed within 5 seconds but Ebay has no way to change the payment method.  Amazon can do this easily!  So I contacted the seller to have them cancel and refund me and then I ordered a 2nd time using PayPal credit so I could take advantage of the no interest for 6 months thing.  All is well, I received the subwoofer and it works great!

2 weeks later I get an email from Wells fargo that Im over drawn.  What? I should have a grand in there I say!  Log into my account and now I have another charge for 1400 bucks there!  I have no paid double for this item!  After calling everybody from Seller, to Ebay, to Wells Fargo, to Paypal everybody is blaming someone else.  Paypal finally admitted what happened.

The first transaction was declined by Wells Fargo, good cause there wasnt enough money there.  Then I got the refund and ordered again thru Paypal Credit.  Paypal decides to wait 5 DAYS AND RUN THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION AGAIN!!!!!!  This time Wells fargo covers it because I had that much in  there.  Apparently on the 5th someone at Paypal realized what happened and issued the refund, 5 DAYS LATER!  I am now nearly 2 weeks since I ordered this thing and still dont have my 1400 bucks back.  Paypal says maybe today but they dont know for sure!  Then once I have it my paypal account its gonna be another several days before Wells Fargo has it.

PAYPAL AND EBAY IS WORTHLESS!  Neither of them can function without the other.  AND EVERYBODY WONDERS WHY AMAZON IS RULING THE WORLD!  Because they make these things easy.  Amazon will refund my money before they receive the item.  Changing payment methods after an order is simple and easy!  

Once this is all said and done I'll be cancelling both my Ebay and my Paypal accounts.  GO AMAZON!  

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20180712

Paypal worked exactly how they say they will work.

You placed an order and Paypal would have credited the seller for you.....Paypal waited for the funds to transfer from your bank account and it failed, ......so they then would try a second time and if that failed they would put your Paypal account into negative until you paid them back again OR they would use your back up funding source ie a card. However they did not need to go to your back up funding source as your bank allowed the second payment.

In the meantime your seller cancelled THAT payment and refunded you, HOWEVER the seller can cancel a transaction but NOT those already processing  funds which can't do a u-turn, they have to transfer through to Paypal who will then credit your balance with those funds. Which is what happened.

In the meantime you paid the seller another way via Paypal credit.

So everything happened exactly how Paypal say it works, the only 'problem' was that you failed to check your funding source before you made the transaction in the first place   Smiley Frustrated

The reason Amazon can change or cancel orders is because they DO NOT credit the seller in advance for you like Paypal do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20180712
New Community Member

I dont care what the reasoning or logistics are, this does not happen on Amazon.  As of this moment in time I have paid 2800 dollars for a 1400 dollar item and NOBODY EVEN KNOWS WHEN THE MONEY WILL COME BACK TO ME!

**bleep** PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20180712

''I dont care what the reasoning or logistics are, this does not happen on Amazon''.    Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Your welcome  !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HelicopterIngo
Contributor
Contributor
Why should we have to "vent" in the PayPal community? Because PayPal does not help. Closed my account. There was no other way. Closing the account was almost impossible.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201224a

Amazon Rocks.... Ditto.

Sure, it happened as PayPal outlined in the fine print. But one needs to consider the source - because the source is Darth Vader.

PayPal is Darth Vader.  They have access to gazillions of dollars of OUR money. The make interest and invest our money while they have it, they function like other financial institutions AND they have no in person, brick and mortar establishments so their overhead is much, much, much less -- and yet they can't help a brother or sister out and refund OUR money like Visa or Wells Fargo or Amazon or Etsy or any other honorable business. Nope, they do what they want because they're PalPay. **bleep** them. 

Login to Me Too

Tentan
New Community Member

The process is broken and not from our side....3 months ago; I set several facebook ads. I forgot to change the bank account to take the funds (my fault, not Paypal). Paypal did the right thing and caused an Overdraft from that bank account. That is fair (stupid tax on me). I tried to delete the bank account, it was not possible, so I set another bank account as preferred. Life continues. Two months ago, the same thing happened. Now I am in doubt? Did I switch the preferred method, right? Gosh. I  tried to delete the original bank account, that is not possible. Set the selected bank account and took a screenshot. A few days ago. At the moment of this note, I've been hit with $ 175 of NFS overdraft (No even once in these three months the money to cover the charges came from that bank account, I paid from the right bank account). Again the same thing, the preferred bank account goes back to the old one. Impossible to delete the F@#$ ..account that I do not use, and charges keep coming. Can we build a group for a class action against PayPal? I am not the only one with this issue. I can elaborate more if needed, and what we need is an attorney to put some heat on the computers that are running PayPal and causing this much damage, affecting their reputation and generating this much hate against a company that once was good. 

Login to Me Too

cprudell
Contributor
Contributor
Almost the same thing happened to me even though I had PayPal selected as preferred balance and the money was in PayPal more than enough to deduct but they took it out of my bank they said I need a special account Cash Plus account which I already have, I cannot get a running balance from PayPal I've asked them several times they said I need a business account I got a business account back in 2000 I have a business debit card still no running balance to figure out how this got out of hand
Login to Me Too

HelicopterIngo
Contributor
Contributor
I'm satisfied you'll never get anything. Arguing with robots, battling an unresponsive Website and ultimately having my financial information held hostage by PayPal is not my idea of a good time. (Turns out, if I've filed a request for resolution because a biller is taking unauthorized monthly payments from my account, I can't cut my losses and close my PayPal account.) Problem with PayPal's business practices? "Feel free to log into the PayPal community center." No thanks.
Login to Me Too

Leanch82
Contributor
Contributor
it's still doing it but only for some transactions. I'm now in serious debt for google play charges of less than 7 dollars a piece because each one came with a 36 dollar overdraft fee and a 12 dollar return fee. Paypal even has it showing on each transaction to pay with balance then bank. They aren't even charging them when they happen, so every time i fix the issue with my bank 4 more bs transactions go through making it impossible to get forgiveness from my bank. Get it together paypal you literally have one job.. and stop hiding already, allow your customers the chance to speak with someone if you aren't going to make your site more capable of fixing things
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.