How do I unlink PayPal as default payment of ebay Royal Mail postage ?

smudge3
Contributor
Contributor

When I want to buy a Royal Mail postage label using ebay's "purchase postage label" option, it automatically defualts to my paypal account to take payment but I want it to take payment from my ebaying bank account.

How do I remove the link between the Royal Mail payment option in ebay and my paypal account ?  There's no option in the system to choose an alternative payment method for the Royal Mail labels.  (unlike when I pay for courier service delivery labels where I can select a bank account instead of paypal).

Hope someone can help me as I'm stumped !

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smudge3 

You can cancel or change the payment method in the automatic payment profile with eBay.

An automatic payment authorizes a merchant to charge you whenever you make a purchase on their website without signing in to your PayPal account. This is something that's set up on the first checkout with the merchant. The terms of the authorization will be available in your PayPal account.

Here’s how to find your automatic payments on the PayPal website:    

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click the Payments tab.
  3. Click Manage Automatic Payments.
  4. Click the merchant. (There might be separate merchant profiles for eBay—postage only and eBay Checkout—your purchases).
  5. On this page, you can cancel the automatic payment or change the backup funding source.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smudge3 

You can cancel or change the payment method in the automatic payment profile with eBay.

An automatic payment authorizes a merchant to charge you whenever you make a purchase on their website without signing in to your PayPal account. This is something that's set up on the first checkout with the merchant. The terms of the authorization will be available in your PayPal account.

Here’s how to find your automatic payments on the PayPal website:    

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click the Payments tab.
  3. Click Manage Automatic Payments.
  4. Click the merchant. (There might be separate merchant profiles for eBay—postage only and eBay Checkout—your purchases).
  5. On this page, you can cancel the automatic payment or change the backup funding source.

Login to Me Too

smudge3
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I've clicked solved a little prematurely......

I've unlinked ebay account from paypal (within paypal) but can't stop ebay Royal Mail option from trying to pay by Paypal, and offering me no other options,  within ebay so I'm still stuck for how to change it in ebay such that Royal Mail payments are paid direct from my bank account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smudge3 

OK, I did a web search…try:

When buying a label, scroll down the page, look around on the left side, you can change how you want to pay for the label.

The default is PayPal, just change it to pending funds, bank account, etc. Of course, you may have to be buying a Royal Mail label when you try this.

If this doesn’t work, ask in the eBay UK forums:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Postage/bd-p/21900000772

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.