Funds will be available one day after delivery- Sellers action to "release" the funds necessary?

Darko20
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I bought an item on eBay, but it arrived broken. The seller offered a partial refund to keep the item, which I accepted. He issued the refund, but the funds are currently on hold, with a note saying they will be available one day after delivery. Since I’m not returning the item, does the seller need to do anything to “release” the funds, or will they become available automatically? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darko20 

Sounds as if he 'sent' you a payment rather than issued a 'refund'.

So paypal saw you as a seller and applied the new seller hold.

The seller should have part refunded you but as he sent the funds he can at a later date open a dispute for non receipt of item and get the funds back so keep an eye on your account.

Information on the hold in this link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-can-i-release-my-payments-on-hold-help129

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Darko20
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to try to prevent that? 
Can I ask him to confirm "the receipt of the item" and prevent him opening the dispute?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darko20 

Yep if you follow that option in the link it should help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.