Funds put on hold.

Dzoni1
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to urgently address a pressing issue I'm encountering with my PayPal account. I recently received a payment for services rendered on 9 Aug 2023,19:55 but to my dismay, the funds have been placed on hold. I have been diligently trying to resolve this matter, but I'm facing challenges in obtaining a clear explanation and resolution.

I initially reached out to the customer service team regarding this matter. However, the responses I received have been contradictory and confusing. The first representative suggested that the hold might be due to account inactivity. Yet, when I attempted to follow the instructions provided by various YouTube sources and the activity page on my PayPal account, I couldn't locate the "confirm the receipt" option. Furthermore, when I contacted the customer who made the payment, they informed me that they cannot see the option "confirm the payment" and neither could I.

This situation is deeply concerning, as I rely on PayPal for my business transactions and the timely release of funds is crucial. I feel frustrated by the lack of clarity and the seemingly inconsistent information I've received from the customer service team.

Could you please provide me with a comprehensive explanation as to why the funds have been placed on hold and the specific steps I need to take in order to expedite the release of these funds? 

I am committed to resolving this issue promptly and appreciate your assistance in rectifying the situation. Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated, as it would alleviate the stress and uncertainty I'm currently experiencing.

Thank you for your time and understanding. I eagerly await your reply.
Sincerely,

Nikola [removed]
[removed]

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia 

Yep, get it, will remember to post that one as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OscarBean

Payment and Refunds. Paypal Lacks Proper TRANSPARENCIES. 

Caution TO ALL, if you send a payment the receiver may not get the funds for 21 days. If the receiver refunds the funds IMMEDIATELY BACK, Paypal gives lots of excuses of why the funds are not returned up to 2 weeks (and indeed longer). They blame this on the person's bank. NOT TRUE, they are floating the money, making money on the interest. Plain and simple.

If you ask to speak to escalation, they then hang up the line.  Paypal IS NOT BEING TRANSPARENT with these floats or giving the sender of the funds proper instructions to make INFORMED CHOICES BEFORE SENDING THE FUNDS (which Paypal then hijacks, both ways). 

Its a shame... I've used Paypal for years to send family/friends money. I'll NO LONGER be doing so. Paypal can no longer be TRUSTED. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.