Funds put on hold.

Dzoni1
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to urgently address a pressing issue I'm encountering with my PayPal account. I recently received a payment for services rendered on 9 Aug 2023,19:55 but to my dismay, the funds have been placed on hold. I have been diligently trying to resolve this matter, but I'm facing challenges in obtaining a clear explanation and resolution.

I initially reached out to the customer service team regarding this matter. However, the responses I received have been contradictory and confusing. The first representative suggested that the hold might be due to account inactivity. Yet, when I attempted to follow the instructions provided by various YouTube sources and the activity page on my PayPal account, I couldn't locate the "confirm the receipt" option. Furthermore, when I contacted the customer who made the payment, they informed me that they cannot see the option "confirm the payment" and neither could I.

This situation is deeply concerning, as I rely on PayPal for my business transactions and the timely release of funds is crucial. I feel frustrated by the lack of clarity and the seemingly inconsistent information I've received from the customer service team.

Could you please provide me with a comprehensive explanation as to why the funds have been placed on hold and the specific steps I need to take in order to expedite the release of these funds? 

I am committed to resolving this issue promptly and appreciate your assistance in rectifying the situation. Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated, as it would alleviate the stress and uncertainty I'm currently experiencing.

Thank you for your time and understanding. I eagerly await your reply.
Sincerely,

Nikola [removed]
[removed]

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Dzoni1
Contributor
Contributor

This is not the first time for me to get paid by this customer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dzoni1 

The hold is not just for the first time. The holds last until paypal feel you have built up a reasonably good seller reputation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dzoni1
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using PayPal for 6 years now for my monthly salary.

Login to Me Too

Dzoni1
Contributor
Contributor

So the customer service agent confirmed that I  have built up a reasonably good seller reputation.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dzoni1 

*ok*

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Dzoni1,

Thank you for your posts! I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience that holds have posed for you. The information provided by @kernowlass is great! To answer your question about why the holds may be happening, please take a look at this article in the Help Center.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia 

I did post x2 links on the hold in my first reply 🙂 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass

Absolutely true! The information you gave thoroughly outlines holds for new sellers. Since, as you also mentioned, holds can happen for a few different reasons, I thought the additional article might help add more details for further dimension. As always, I appreciate everything you bring to the conversation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.