Friends and Family payment sent to wrong address, has anyone else experienced this.

Hank_Hancock
New Community Member

This evening I sent a payment via Friends and Family to the correct recipient address but it went to the previous person who I had sent via Friends & Family several days before.
I sent the payment again checking everything was correct and again it went to the same wrong person.
Luckily the friend was able to return the funds straight away but very worried that the recorded transaction did not match what was input as the recipient address. PayPal makes it virtually impossible to report such a transaction error via the Resolution or Dispute process. It makes me think that PayPal does not like the friends and family method because it means they lose revenue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi @Hank_Hancock  and welcome, 

This sounds a little worrying as this should not happen. I do know if you are scrolling on the same screen when sending a payment there is a possibility that it could go back to a previously used email address but that would only be if you hit off something or didn't fully click on the email address when choosing who you are sending the payment too. 

I would recommend you contact us directly so we can have someone review your account to make sure nothing is going on in the background. There are a number of ways to contact us. You can contact us via the "help and contact" link on your PayPal account which will give you the option to call us or contact us via our chat bot. You can also contact us via our social media channels on Twitter and Facebook

Please do come back and let us know how you get on as it may help other members, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.