Family member sent money using Goods and Services instead of friends and family

Cheidt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, new to the community. My sister, who is new to PayPal sent me 2 payments from the USA to the uk to cover her share of a holiday I’ve paid for. Each payment there was a fee (£14 on a £300 transfer) and some of the money is on hold. I’m guessing she used Goods and Services instead of family and friends. Is there anything I can do to reverse the transactions so there isn’t such a large fee and money isn’t put on hold?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cheidt 

Unfortunately not as the fee you were charged is not returned as part of any refund made.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and see if they will cancel the fee as a goodwill gesture?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cheidt
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.