E-mail notification on cancelled subscription (not true)?

Breach1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Really, strange just received an e-mail from PayPal saying:

"The billing agreement that allowed Spotify AB to make the payment for your booking has been cancelled.
Description:   30 day of recurring Spotify Premium   

Manage your Billing Agreement by logging into your PayPal account and clicking the Billing Agreement link under your Profile. In your Profile, you can choose and edit your preferred funding source and cancel your Billing Agreement."

Seemed strange and fishy, so I logged in separately and my Spotify subscription is still there, payment methods all valid etc. The e-mail itself looks legit too - any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone! 

Thank you for reaching out on our Community Forum. I can certainly understand how this kind of unexpected notification can be a bit concerning. If you receive an email that you're unsure is from PayPal, I'd recommend reviewing the tips in this following Help Center article on How to spot a fake, fraudulent, or phishing email or site. 

If you're ever concerned there's an unauthorized billing agreement or subscription on an account, here's how to check your Active subscriptions and recurring payments. 

I hope that helps. Best wishes to you all!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Gidgii
New Community Member

I got this one too. Just gonna ignore it and see what happens lol. 

Login to Me Too

Kethryvalis
Contributor
Contributor

Mine's worded a little differently, but I received one too:

"The billing agreement that allowed Spotify USA Inc to make the payment for your booking has been cancelled.

Description:   3 month of recurring Spotify Premium   

Manage your Billing Agreement by logging into your PayPal account and clicking the Billing Agreement link under your Profile. In your Profile, you can choose and edit your preferred funding source and cancel your Billing Agreement."

I checked my PayPal and Spotify accounts and all looks well. I'm assuming this is an error that was sent out to multiple users.

Login to Me Too

Diothorn
New Community Member
I received the same too but everything seems ok and in good standing
Login to Me Too

TheBeesKnees
Contributor
Contributor

This was my exact email. I was scared that I somehow for years let Spotify keep charging me and I didn't notice, lol. I assume it's either a glitch, or after Googling, I noticed a new paypal membership gives you 3 months of Spotify for free. Not sure when that started, but this might have something to do with the fact we could have claimed this for a long time, never did, and it just expired. Am curious why we really got this.

Login to Me Too

Hindesite
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same email with the wording "The billing agreement that allowed Spotify USA Inc to make the payment for your booking has been cancelled." but with "Description: 1 month of recurring Spotify Premium", which does match my actual current subscription plan.

Curious. 🤔

Like the others, I've checked my account and everything still appears in good standing. 🤷‍ Seems to have been a glitch in the system.

Login to Me Too

katepush111
New Community Member
I just had the same thing. My partner pays for a family subscription so I shouldn't have anything going out of PayPal for Spotify. Really weird.
Login to Me Too

adelemc
Contributor
Contributor
I've just received this email too. I've never paid Spotify from my PayPal account, it comes directly out my bank. It's also a different email registered to my Spotify account so this is really strange. Definitely came from the legit PayPal email address too...
Login to Me Too

Jules140
New Community Member

I received the same message last night so changed my billing method on Spotify.  Today I had an email with the ‘3 month of recurring…’

Login to Me Too

Schmidbauer
Contributor
Contributor

Also got one of those. I'm a German user, so mine's mostly in German:

Die Abbuchungsvereinbarung, die es Spotify AB ermöglichte, die Zahlung für Ihre Buchung vorzunehmen, wurde storniert.

Beschreibung:   3 month of recurring Spotify Premium

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.