Complete Purchase Payment Loop - Ebay Transfer - On PC

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

Transfer from eBay use PP, yes PP recognizes me, click Complete Purchase, and it just keeps looping back to same page with Complete Purchase button.  
Checked eBay and no payment has come through to them. Using FF on Win10 on laptop.  
Maybe this is just a case of PP servers being busy??

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

Still doing this 10 hours later.  Tried switching from bank credit card to bank saving account -- no difference.  Not able to pay for ebay purchase.  Please help, or let me know a customer service # I can call.

Login to Me Too

mvg7

PayPal customer service # is on the website:[Removed. Phone #s not permitted](open 6am-6pm Pacific time).

Login to Me Too

mvg7

Argh. Yeah, cuz you wouldn't wanna make the PayPal phone # available on a forum ABOUT PayPal... Just find "Contact" on the PP website & you'll find the phone #.

Login to Me Too

TenderTendon
New Community Member

I've had the same problem for 3 days now. Windows 10 and Firefox. I have to put the item in shopping cart and check out on my Android.

Login to Me Too

mightyque
Contributor
Contributor

Having same issue...

Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

This started working again for me after trying for 2 more days. 
Payment went through as normal without doing anything different on my end. 
This same thing was happening with 2 closely related ebay sellers, and then started working for both at the same time.

If it is a problem with some seller's accounts, one would expect some indication of that rather than just being sent in a loop.

Thanks for the replies.  Good to know that using Android made a difference.

Login to Me Too

mightyque
Contributor
Contributor

pc still not working, tried android phone, worked...

Login to Me Too

hazelkitten
Contributor
Contributor
Similar issues here but with different merchant & on Android, kept retrying & changing payment method & finally got to an invoice that let me pay but now I don't know where payment was sent coz transaction/order isn't appearing in PayPal or on merchant website but payment was debited from my account.
Login to Me Too

mvg7

Same issue here, just started yesterday. PayPal service rep last night said it might be a "risk" issue, but never clarified for me just what that risk might be. Suggested using another form of payment, so I siwtched payment to my credit card & the transaction went thru fine. Another eBay transaction today -- same deal, just looping around & around to the same screen, never completing payment. Hope PayPal fixes this glitch soon. I'm used to constant problems w/eBay, but PayPal is usually glitch-free, so this is disconcerting.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.