Ammount not showing in activity

Aniketsl
Contributor
Contributor
Hae my friend send me $350 but PayPal send me a email that she has to pay $200 more because my account reach it's limit so she paid total $550 but in my PayPal account it's not showing in my activities in email its showing painding
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aniketsl 

How much of a friend is this??? That is how scammers work.

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller OR to receive funds.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade to a business account/or any other reason to accept a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds especially via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aniketsl
Contributor
Contributor

Actually she try to buy some artwork from me and I told her to pay $200 but she want to pay full $350 after she paid she told me to check the spam folder in spam spam folder. There is a SMS from PayPal that says she has to send $200 more to upgrade my account , but in my paypal activities there is no transaction showing, and she saying now i have to return $200 and then send payment receipt to PayPal to get $350 It is scam right

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aniketsl 

Yep you are being scammed. She offered more money because she knows it will make you more willing to believe her and she isn't going to pay anyway so the amount does not matter to her.

She says check your spam folder, why would she do that as a genuine paypal email would not go in a spam folder normally.

Lastly she wants a 'refund' ie a scam payment when she has never paid you anything.

As i said nothing in your paypal account = you have been paid nothing, even pending payments SHOW in your paypal account.

This is no friend its a scammer. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.