How do I get a Paypal fee back

bazzab99
Contributor
Contributor

I sent the following to Paypal to no avail. How do I get the fee returned to my account?

I can't get your bot to understand my latest message so I've resorted to this to contact you direct. Your bot assistant is not very smart. I used Paypal about an hour ago to pay Klapp audio. The amount deducted was $1144. It should have been $572 but somehow I got charged twice. Klapp audio has refunded me $572 less $29 Paypal's fee. I'd appreciate it if Paypal refunds that $29 to my account. There was a hiccup making my order and I don't know why I ordered two items when it should be one.

The Paypal reply:

Thank you for writing us back.

I understand that you are concerned regarding to the payment fee that was charged for the payment.

Barrie, I understand that you're unhappy with the fees charged. Please be advised that there will be a fixed fees charged for all the Goods and Services payment which is of 2.9% + 0.30 AUD. However, if the payment is made to a different country, then there will be a cross border fees charged.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you and resolve any issues you may have.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

I sent a reply noting that that Paypal assistant had not addressed my issue but there's been no response for 10 days. How do I get someone from Paypal to contact me? 

Barrie 

=

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bazzab99 

Merchants error, they should have given you a full refund without deducting the fee.

This is between you and the merchant.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.