website not working properly - how to contact tech support?

leanneell
Contributor
Contributor

Lately when I have been using PayPal, despite me selecting one bank account, and having set it as my preferred, it is charging everything to another bank account I have listed. 

On checking the "auto-payments" area I discovered that all of the merchants are loaded to charge that other bank account. When I select "edit" on any of the merchants the website goes completely white and blank and nothing happens. so I am unable to edit the charging bank account.

In addition I have been unable to find any way I contact tech support. the online messaging service is circular and just keeps taking me back to the beginning no matter what options I select. 

Does anyone know how I can contact tech support OR understand what might be happening when the page goes completely white and nothing happens. 

thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @leanneell,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to know that the preferred funding source has been changed. Generally, each time the payment is processed from your PayPal account it goes through a series of filters to determine how much risk may be involved in that transaction. If the system deems a transaction to be at high risk, then it may limit the funding options that are available or block the payment from going through altogether. It is possible this is what you may be running into here which might be the reason, your funding source has been changed. Here's the link to contact Merchant Tech Support.

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

leanneell
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ayesha

thank you for your speedy response and thorough explanation as to how PayPal works and why my payment source is being changed from my preferred. 

I still have the issue that the in the Settings>Payments>automatic payments area, the bank account edit buttons on all my listed merchants is not working. I would like to talk with tech support about this and the link you gave below is for Merchants - I am not a merchant - just an ordinary user. Also these links are driven by writing questions into the search bar and the system never recognises my question about the edit button not working. Is there an email address I can write to?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.